burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Jessica Shapiro: Sales Associate at Ooh La La Boutique

Name: Jessica Shapiro 

Year: Junior

Hometown: Delray Beach, Florida

Relationship Status: Single AF

Major: Retail Merchandising and Product Development

Courtesy: Jessica Shapiro 

Her Campus (HC): I heard you work for Ooh La La Boutique; how do you like it?

Jessica Shapiro (JS): I love it! Ooh La La is a new boutique right on campus under Stadium Center D. We have really cute trendy clothes and I love to help style people.

HC: Do you feel that it gets you more involved in the community?

JS: For sure. Since it’s a small store and only one or two of us work at a time, I get really hands on with the customers and try to get to know them well so I can help them pick out the perfect outfit.

HC: How does having this job relate to your major? 

JS: Since I’m a fashion major, working at Ooh La La has given me a lot of experience that I can relate to in my courses. I’m taking a merchandise presentation analysis class right now and it’s crazy how much I can apply what I learned in class to my job.

HC: How do you enjoy being in ADPi? How did you know being in that sorority was for you?

JS: When I received my bid for ADPi, I almost cried of happiness. I knew it was for me because during rush I felt completely at home and welcomed by all of the girls. I know it’s cliché, but when girls say during rush, “wherever you end up is where you’re meant to be,” it’s true.

HC: What is your secret when it comes to balancing a job, school and a sorority all at one time?

JS: My (not so) secret is putting everything in my planner that I have to do for the week. There’s something so satisfying being able to cross out a task that I have to do, whether it’s going in for a shift at work or going to a philanthropy event. When you’re organized it’s almost impossible to be stressed out.

HC: When you do find spare time, what do you enjoy doing?

JS: I’m a shopping addict, so when I’m just hanging out at my apartment I’m usually online shopping. I also love to lay out by the pool with my friends. I also actually just got a pet gecko so in my spare time I play with him and let him crawl around my bed.

HC: Do you have any advice to the girls out there experiencing college life at Florida State University?

JS: My advice is to get as involved as possible! If there’s that club you’ve really been wanting to join, go for it. Don’t let these four years pass by without making an impact at FSU. :)

Courtesy: Jessica Shapiro 

Her Campus at Florida State University.