Jenny Myers: Aspiring Archaeologist

Name: Jenny Myers

Age: 21

Year: Junior

Hometown: Naples, Florida

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Major: Classical Archaeology, History

Her Campus (HC): So what made you choose to come to FSU?

Jenny Myers (JM): My older brother went to FSU when I was in fifth grade, so I guess you can say I grew up as a Seminole. Also, it’s actually the only school in Florida that offers Archaeology as a major.

HC: Your major is pretty unique! What made you choose Archaeology?

JM: When I was 7 years old, I watched Indiana Jones for the first time. Ever since then, I’ve always been inspired to become an Archaeologist!

HC: What are you currently involved with on campus?

JM: I have been in a sorority for three years and I’m also a recruitment counselor for the Panhellenic Association for 2015. I’m a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Eta Sigma, the Archaeology Club, Relay for Life, the IM Soccer Team, and a Ministry group called The Navigators.

HC: Wow! How do you manage everything along with a double major?

JM: I always plan out my day ahead of time to make sure I can get everything done. I write all of my schoolwork and any other commitments down to stay organized. My Lilly planner pretty much keeps me sane.

HC: Do you plan on attending graduate school?

JM: Yes, I want to get my Master’s in Classical Archaeology. I’m considering staying here at FSU because they offer the program. If I decide to venture out, my other choices are Washington University in St. Louis, Georgetown, and the University of Florida.

HC: What do you enjoy doing in your free time (if you have any, that is)?

JM: I love to read. It’s the best way for me to unwind at the end of the day.

HC: What is your favorite book?

JM: Gone with the Wind.

HC: Where’s your favorite place to eat in Tallahassee?

JM: Monks. I’m obsessed with the Gator Hater!

HC: I hear you like to travel. Do you have any big summer plans?

JM: I’m actually going backpacking in Europe for six weeks with my two best friends. We’re going to eleven different cities: Barcelona, London, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Prague, Munich, Florence, Rome, Athens, and Santorini. I’m extremely excited! I even made my 21st birthday waltz European-themed in honor of the trip.

HC: That’s awesome! Where do you see yourself in five years?

JM: I hope to be an Archaeologist working in a well-known museum. My goal is to leave Florida and explore what it’s like to live in a big city; either New York, Chicago, or Washington, DC.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

JM: Benedict Cumberbatch! There’s nothing better than a British actor.

HC: Favorite type of music?

JM: Classical, it’s really just so calming to me. 

HC: What’s your ideal date?

JM: Well my boyfriend and I went hiking in the woods once and had our own little picnic. It wasn’t your typical dinner and movie date, so it was nice. It’s always fun to try out new ideas.

HC: That’s adorable! What’s your favorite memory here at FSU?

JM: This past recruitment, I stayed up till 3 AM talking about anything and everything with my two roommates. We bonded for hours and really just had amazing conversations I will never forget. It’s nothing extravagant, but it’s definitely something I can always look back on and smile about.

HC: How would your friends describe you?

JM: Quiet at first, but once you get to know me, hilarious!

HC: Last question: any fun facts about you that we should know?

JM: Well, since I’m from South Florida, I’ve never seen snow! Also, I’ve read Fifty Shades of Grey three times. Yes, I’m addicted. 

Vanessa Coppola is a junior at the Florida State University, studying English: Editing, Writing, and Media. In her spare time, she loves reading and catching up on her favorite shows. She aspires to work for a publishing company someday in New York City, which is where her original hometown is located. When she's not writing up articles, she's either at the pool with a magazine in hand, or at the mall shopping for the latest fashion trends!
Her Campus at Florida State University.