What’s the hype about Jenisvel “Jenny” Borges? Well, this fly young lady on the brink of graduation is set for her future. Jenny will be walking off the Florida State University campus toward a career already waiting for her, and leaving in her wake a legacy, due to all of her involvement with Greek life, clubs, and unions. Proud Latina and Greek, Jenny has definitely left her mark here at FSU. As a sister in la Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc., she strives for excellence in her academic, personal, and professional life. Well, not only does she strive—Jenny achieves.

Her Campus (HC):Tell me about yourself and your plans for after graduation.

Jenisvel Borges (JB): My name Jenisvel Borges, but everyone calls me Jenny. I’m Cuban and I was raised in Miami, where I went to MAST Academy for high school. Right now, I’m a senior and my major is hospitality management. I chose hospitality because I love people and I am in love with the idea of being a part of experiences that will stay with them forever.  After graduation, I have taken a job with Aramark; I have decided to join the Accelerate to Leadership program and will be assisting in the food services operations at Florida International University in Miami, Florida.

HC: How did you get involved with Sigma Iota Alpha (SIA)?

JB: I got involved with SIA after I did my research of other sororities when I was initially interested in Greek life. Ultimately, I chose SIA because they truly embody what sisterhood means and share the same core values and morals that I personally do. 

HC: When did you cross into SIA?

JB: I crossed in Fall of 2011. I’m old, in Greek years.

HC: What is your favorite part about being a part of the Hermandad?

JB: My favorite part of my Hermandad is that every day is a new adventure. It is not the same thing day in and day out. We are sisters, but we are all different and passionate about different things. So that diversity allows us to be a part of and experience many different things. 

HC: To you, what makes an SIA?

JB: A sister of Sigma Iota Alpha is a strong, independent woman that is always striving for the best of herself and her community. An SIA sister strives for academic, professional, and communal excellence. 

HC: What other organizations are you involved with on campus?

JB: I am also involved with the Cuban American Student Association (CASA). I am also involved with the Hispanic Latino Student Union (HLSU), where I participated in the Ms. HLSU pageant. I am a part of Aramark’s student manager program, and was involved with Florida State Eco representatives.  

Whether through service in her sorority or work with other clubs and student unions, Jenny has definitely been an asset to the FSU student body in her time here, and that is why Jenisvel Borges is a lady to watch, and most definitely a Campus Celebrity.

Her Campus at Florida State University.