Ivonne Nicholas: Rave Girl with a Studious Lifestyle

Name: Ivonne Nicholas

Hometown: Panamá Republic 

Year: Graduate

Age: 22

Major: Integrated Marketing Communication

Relationship Status: Single AF

Her Campus (HC): Why did you decide to study Integrated Marketing Communication for grad school at FSU?

Ivonne Nicholas (IN): It’s a new field in marketing and that’s where I believe the future is going, and I became interested in the program through friends who were already in it. The program focuses on the belief that every marketing strategy should be executed under one plan so it can be more effective and consistent.

HC: What do you hope to accomplish with it? What’s your dream job?

IN: I’m really interested in doing qualitative research for the rave culture. I want to immerse myself in it and fully learn about what goes into it.

HC: You’re into rave culture!? So you’ve been to a concert?

IN: Yes! All my life I have been musically inclined. I’ve always followed bands when I was younger living in Panamá.

HC: How many concerts and festivals have you gone to?

IN: I’ve been to around ten so far and I’m going to two this fall.

HC: That’s crazy! What’s your favorite festival and experience?

IN: In terms of production, TomorrowWorld is by far amazing, but honestly that’s a really hard question. They are all different, but my favorite experience has to be my first camping festival: CounterPoint in Georgia. It was three days, and I was terrified because it was my first time camping. I was terrified I wouldn’t like it, but the second I got there I met new people and learned amazing things. I experienced EDM for the first time, and seeing Pretty Lights was amazing. I was immersed in the light show filled with lasers and my mind was blown. That’s when it dawned on me that I really liked this culture. Seeing everyone dance to the music, meeting great people, and seeing everyone let go is a great experience.

HC: So what would you say to people who think that you can’t balance school/work life with the EDM lifestyle?

IN: That’s bullshit. I have done it so many times. I’ve had finals and gone to a festival and still got all A’s. It’s all about time management. It’s definitely a passion that has helped my organization and planning skills because I know how important grades are, but I also love going to these events.

HC: Who’s your favorite band?

IN: Fall Out Boy. I don’t even care. I’ve always loved them ever since I was younger.  I actually met them at a concert they performed with Panic! at the Disco in Atlanta.

HC: That sounds so cool! How was that experience?

IN: I was shaking. It was extremely surreal. I’ve seen so many pictures of them online. I had cut outs of their faces on my walls as a kid. I had a permanent smile when I saw them, and they were super nice when it was my turn to meet them.

HC: What’s a random fact about yourself?

IN: I love hula hooping. I really like it, as silly as that sounds. You’ll probably find me in my room trying to hit every corner trying to hula hoop!

HC: What’s your motto to keep yourself focused during grad school and on nights when the homework piles up?

IN: Work hard, play hard. I have a lot of pressure to keep my scholarships and get good grades. I won’t go to a festival if I know it will hurt my grades. If you do everything on your priority list, then you have the time for yourself to enjoy doing the things you love.

Amanda loves to write creatively on her spare time. When she isn't studying for her double major in both Psychology and Editing, Writing, and Media, Amanda is in the kitchen cooking up some dinner or baking sweet treats. She is a kid at heart and will never be too old for anything Disney. Amanda aspires to become a producer and writer for future video games.
Her Campus at Florida State University.