nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

It’s Nuclear: ‘American Horror Story’ Teases New Season

Is it fall yet? This is a question most fans have been asking since the latest season of American Horror Story: Cult (AHS) aired its last episode. AHS has been known to have its ups and downs when it comes to seasons and every fan would tell you they loved a season another fan hated. Cult was no different. Most fans seemed to find the storyline messy and didn’t like how it brought politics onto the big screen. Even though creator, Ryan Murphy, said that he had been thinking about including politics even before the 2016 election, the idea didn’t sit well with all fans.

Courtesy: E! Online

The new season will be set 18 months from today, according to Murphy. This would mean the series starts in October 2019. He also revealed that the season will be similar to Asylum and Coven, which were more fantasy based and heightened. According to some hardcore fans, the internet has been filled with themes of a nuclear war titled “Radioactive.” Murphy, as usual, wouldn’t confirm or deny this theory but as we’ve seen in the past, fans are almost always right on track with theories.

Last year, Murphy shared an Instagram photo talking about the nine circles of hell and their relation to each season. If this continues, season eight will either focus on lust or violence.  

“I pitched [the theme] to [FX chief] John Landgraf today right after his TCA panel, and he loved it, but he’s asked me not to say what it is. I told him, and he fell out of his chair with joy. I think people will like it, it’s different from what we’ve done before, but I always try and do the opposite of what I’ve done on that show,” said Murphy at his latest panel.

Series regulars Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and even Kathy Bates will be returning. A few of the cast members from last season will also be making an appearance and Joan Collins will be joining. While none of the characters have been given roles, Peters is said to be playing a comedic hairdresser after playing a cult leader last season. That’s definitely a change!

While the new season doesn’t have an official release date, filming will begin mid-June. We’re excited to see how the new season turns out and hope it’s finally leading up to the long-awaited Murder House/Coven crossover season. Real deal though, when is Jessica Lange coming back?

Courtesy: YouTube

Malorie is a senior double majoring in Media Communications and Criminology. She loves anything pop culture, criminal profiler, animal, or food related. She lives for sarcasm and being witty.
Her Campus at Florida State University.