Ideal Spring Break Destinations Based on Your Zodiac Sign

Aries (March 21 – April 20): Chattanooga, Tenn.

Courtesy: Robyn Moreno

Adventurous and energetic, you’re always up for new experiences and testing the limits of your comfort zone. White-water rafting is the move for you, Aries! Chattanooga, Tenn. boasts of scenic mountain hikes and a sprawling urban scene with some of the most unique eats in the South.

Taurus (April 21 – May 21): Nostalgic Getaway

Courtesy: Pinterest

Reliable Taurus, visit an old haunt this spring break – perhaps a favorite vacation spot you haven’t been to since you were little? Maybe a family cabin in the mountains or a specific city you go to every year as tradition? You might find joy in the nostalgia!

Gemini (May 22 – June 21): Road Trip

Courtesy: Esquire

Adaptable and versatile, you might not have a plan yet if you’re a Gemini – and that’s okay! Sometimes, last minute road trips are the most memorable and exciting of getaways. Pack your car with snacks and a road atlas, choose a place on the map, and head out on the open road. Try theming your road trip to follow iconic state capitols or follow your favorite band on tour.

Cancer (June 22 – July 22): National Park

Courtesy: National Park Service

Intuitive and imaginative Cancer, a getaway to a National Park would be ideal. Pitch a tent or hitch your camper/RV in one of the 130+ National Parks’ designated campgrounds across the US; explore the natural beauty of America as it exists today and the same way it existed hundreds of years ago. Take in the breathtaking sights of mountain ranges in Grand Teton National Park; maybe try your hand at kayaking through Everglades National Park or exploring Dry Tortugas if staying local to Florida. Whatever floats your boat!

Leo (July 23 – August 21): Rollercoaster Expedition

Courtesy: The Independent

Creative and enthusiastic, a rollercoaster tour of the US would be perfect for open minded Leo. A quick Google search will yield a plethora of mapped-out destinations for a DIY tour of all the best thrill rides the US has to offer (based on your region). Also, what better photos to keep as mementos than those that are snapped as you and your friends plummet, twist, rocket and turn on all the most intensely-ranked rides there are?

Virgo (August 22 – September 23): Metropolis/Big City

Courtesy: YouTube

Modest, practical, and analytical Virgo, you might find yourself exploring a metropolitan city like Austin, Texas or Nashville, Tenn. Their laid-back atmospheres blend with delicious local eats and a variety of activities to form the best destination to fit your needs. Sample southern comfort food and jam out to some up-and-coming local bands, or try your hand at scoring tickets to the highly anticipated South by Southwest (SXSW) music festival.

Libra (September 24 – October 23): Cruise

Courtesy: Princess Cruises

A bit of a hopeless romantic, easygoing and sociable, a cruise would be perfect fit for you, Libra. The possibilities are endless when it comes to destinations and excursions, chilling poolside or relaxing in the onboard spa; nightlife activity both aboard the ship and off, but the best part about cruising (in my humble opinion) is the food. To a college student, few words mean music to our ears more than “all inclusive” and the delicious options on-board a cruise ship will speak to your soul.

Scorpio (October 24 – November 22): Cancun, Mexico

Courtesy: Mexico News Network

Determined, passionate and exciting are just a few words to describe you – so take a vacation that matches your vibe. Hit the beaches of Cancun, Mexico and experience white sands and crystal blue water; ideal for snorkeling. When the sun sets, a music festival is the perfect way to unwind after a day in the sun. Maybe check out the unforgettable performances at Inception Festival!

Sagittarius (November 23 – December 22): Nassau, Bahamas

Courtesy: Luggage Factory

Freedom-loving Sag, you’ll never be found in the same beach chair two days in a row, because you’ll be too busy exploring all you can. An optimist and young at heart, Nassau in the Bahamas is the ultimate destination for you; where you can try your luck in casinos before feeling like a kid again as you snorkel the tropical reefs of Paradise Island!

Capricorn (December 23 – January 20): Quality Family Time

Courtesy: ExpertBeacon

Practical and ambitious, but focused and careful, you might want to kick it with your family this Spring Break. A perfect place to enjoy family time while still having time to yourself and your friends is a theme park or beach getaway. You can strike balance between your family time that you miss out on while you’re away at school, while also still spending time with your friends, forming bonds and creating unforgettable memories with one another!

Aquarius (January 21 – February 19): Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Courtesy: Puerto Vallarta News

Free spirit, humanitarian, inventive and creative, Puerto Vallarta might be for you because of its rich and diverse culture; coupled with adventurous excursions. Whether you’re exploring ancient Mayan ruins, soaring above the treetops on a zip-line or simply taking in the views of a beachside sunset, Puerto Vallarta has a lot to offer by way of a good time.

Pisces (February 20 – March 20): Key West, Fla.

Courtesy: Gray Line

Imaginative and intuitive, you can be a bit of an escapist and an idealist. Because of this, the vibrant life of Key West is the perfect destination for you. Immerse yourself in the local history, learn about Florida’s involvement in the Civil War by exploring historic Fort Jefferson, indulge yourself in your childhood dreams of becoming a pirate and explore the Shipwreck Museum; or even try your hand at finding sunken treasure by snorkeling or scuba-diving along one of the hundreds of wrecks that dot the coast. The nightlife is unlike any other; especially in Mallory Square, where every evening at Sunset Street, performers gather to show off their skills to an abundant audience.

Giselle is an Editing, Writing, and Media major at Florida State University - which is a fancy way of saying she is studying to go into the publishing industry so she can read books for a living. A sister of Delta Zeta, Giselle also runs a book blog and can usually be found with a book in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other.
Her Campus at Florida State University.