We’re back with another themed week on the site: Beauty Week. This semester, Her Campus FSU has created themed weeks dedicated to exclusive content we believe all of our readers should have access to. Keep up on the site for the next few days as we tackle everything from the best beauty brands to follow to the much-debated brazilian. Trust us, you don’t want to miss this.

If you care even a little bit about trending makeup products or the Kardashian/Jenner family (or both), odds are you’ve been dying to try the Kylie Jenner Lip Kit. With the first round selling out in less than 30 seconds, competition to actually get one of these elusive kits has been tough. Makeup and Kylie lovers alike went crazy over the three original shades: Candy K, True Brown K and Dolce K. Miraculously, I managed to obtain my very own Lip Kit after two restocks and an additional three colors (Koko K, Mary Jo K, and Posie K) joined the line.

Courtesy: Kylie Cosmetics

After paying $9 in shipping and handling on top of the $29 price tag, the wait for my Lip Kit began. I decided on Candy K as it seemed to be a very neutral and versatile shade. When it finally arrived exactly one week after I placed my order, I could barely contain my excitement. After weeks of creeping the Kylie Cosmetic’s Instagram, I finally had a Lip Kit to try for myself. The packaging made the kit seem personal with a note from Kylie herself (photo copied 8,000 times) wishing me a happy Valentine’s Day.

Courtesy: Caylen Doerner

Despite my anticipation, I decided to wait to try my kit a whole three hours after receiving it so I could wear it out that night (I mean, I didn’t want to waste any). When I was finally ready to try out my coveted Kylie Lip Kit, I consulted the directions on the back of the packaging, as I would do with any new beauty product. They read: “Kylie’s Tips: Line lips with lip liner and fill lips in with liquid lip color.” Helpful. Having never really used lip liner before, I went with my gut, applying it on my natural lip line, giving myself a more defined shape. The liner went on smooth and without issue, much to my relief. Next was the gloss. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from a matte gloss, figuring it would feel dry when I put it on. In reality, it went on smoother than the lip liner, turning from wet and shiny to dry and matte in a matter of seconds. My roommates thought it looked awesome and my boyfriend said I looked “good” so I put it down as a win in my book. The best part was it stayed on for the entire night without smudging or wearing! The overall quality was better than I could have imagined.

Courtesy: Caylen Doerner

Since I’ve received my Kylie Lip Kit, it’s pretty much been on my lips whenever I leave the house. I get a lot of compliments, too. Candy K is a combination of pink and nude, making it the perfect shade for both day and night wear. The quality of the product is well worth the money, as anyone who purchases makeup can fully appreciate. It’s so lightweight I forget I’m even wearing anything on my lips, which is a major bonus. I have to hand it to Kylie, she’s outdone herself on this one, proving that not only can she rock her makeup, she can make it too. If you get the chance to get one of these kits next time they’re in stock, I would highly recommend it. Rumor has it that Kendall is creating her own eyeshadow palette next… so stay tuned. 

Caylen is a Senior at Florida State University. She is Majoring in English Literature. Caylen loves reading, elephants, Chick-fil-A, and her Netflix account.
Her Campus at Florida State University.