Some people can’t wait to graduate. They have all these plans for the parties and photoshoots they are going to do. I transferred to FSU in fall 2018, I blinked, and somehow it is already 2020. Now I am in my senior year and I am planning to graduate in the summer. but I don’t feel ready and I still worry about what will happen after I graduate. I feel that every senior goes through this feeling, but no one really talks about it. But I am ready to open up about my thoughts and fears about graduating. My main reason for my fear is I feel that my time here went too fast. I love Florida State and I have gotten to know my teachers and classmates so well. My teachers and friends have given me great advice and tips on how I can strengthen my skills. When I think about graduating, to me it means that I will be leaving them behind and possibly never seeing them again. That breaks my heart because I am worried I won’t meet people who are as kind as they were.

Courtesy: Duy Pham on Unsplash

Another reason is my current roommates, Tara and Clara. I used to live in an overpriced student housing complex. I know you feel my pain because we have all been there. My first roommates were nice, but we went to different schools and rarely saw each other. We were just roommates but were never friends. But I am finally free of that horrible complex and those hard to clean carpets. At my new place, I love how big and beautiful everything is. My roommates are both great and we all talk often and have fun together. Finding good roommates is hard and I was blessed to meet them both. But our time is coming to an end and I get a little sad when I think about it.

Courtesy: Alex Holyoake on Unsplash

Lastly, I tend to always think of worst-case scenarios that scare me to death. Graduating is fun, but I am afraid of graduating from college because it is the end of the road. I will no longer be a student and I will have a full-time job, my own apartment, and will be paying the bills all on my own. I loved school ever since I was little. I go to school to learn something new and see my friends every day. But as graduation comes closer and closer, I feel as if I still have no idea what I am doing. I don’t have any guarantee that I will instantly find a job. Worst of all I could end up at a dead-end job with my degree uselessly hanging on a wall.

Courtesy: Giphy

Don’t get me wrong, I do want to graduate, but I am afraid of failure. Even though I am always told failure is a part of life and it is not bad, I’m still scared. Even with all my fears, I know graduation is coming and there’s no way I can predict what will happen or stop it. But I know that my family and friends will be supporting me, always cheering me on to pursue my dreams and lifting me up when I get discouraged. Also, it is nice to know that they’re just as scared as I am because they understand what I am going through. I have talked to them about this issue a few times and they were very helpful in building my confidence. Knowing that I have their support is comforting and gives me the courage to go forward in life. Yes, I am still scared, but that’s ok because I’ve got people who believe in me even when I don’t.

Courtesy: Giphy

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Greetings, I was a Her Campus Writer at FSU. I majored digital media production and I am originally from West Palm Beach, Florida. I love reading, drawing, and bingeing tv shows on Hulu and Netflix.
Her Campus at Florida State University.