To preface, this article is not a political post. It is not meant to start up any arguments, and it is certainly not meant to offend anyone. However, I’m going to be honest with you; I am one of many who has been disappointed by the outcome of this election. It’s not something that I’m going to get over after a good nap or a long hug. It’s going to take me a little time to understand how the way things played out the way they did, but I sincerely hope in my heart that our country can work together to overcome any obstacles that we face in our nation’s future. Now, more than ever, we must work together.

In light of the election, we have a very special holiday coming up. Thanksgiving is always a great reminder that I truly have a lot to be thankful for. I have a loving family that I get to fly home to; to spend time with and make new memories with. I have an amazing support system of friends, co-workers and peers that help push me every day to be the best version of myself. I have a job that I love, that allows me to help my parents out by paying for my own gas and groceries every week. I have good health, a roof over my head, a quality education at a university that has surpassed my biggest dreams of what I could have ever wanted out of a college experience and most importantly, I have my faith.

Now, I can sit at home and mope about the injustices, the bullies, the fear, the disease and all the other great disasters of the world, or I can get up and do something about it. I can fight harder, work harder, study harder, pray harder and most importantly, I can love harder. Call your mom, your dad, your grandma, your neighbor, your post man, your political rival… and tell them that you love them. That you value them. That you are THANKFUL for them. There might be nothing that you can do about the presidential outcome, but you can get up each day and decide to make it a good day for yourself, your family and your community.

You are alive, and breathing, and beautiful! Try to think of some things that you’re thankful for today. I know that it sure has helped me. I’m fired up, ready to go and ready to make a difference. Are you?

Courtesy: Nicole Kiernan Fitness

Samantha is an Editing, Writing and Media major. She loves a good cup of coffee, a ruby red lip, roadtripping, and being a downright goof. She dreams to travel the world someday and write about all her adventures. But for now, she just really hopes she can just keep balancing everything at once.
Her Campus at Florida State University.