It happens every year, spring break creeps upon us, and the countdown to making plans begins. Where will you go, with who and how? Whatever the case ends up being, somehow you find yourself getting stuck staying in Tallahassee instead of going to the Bahamas. Bummer, or so you think it’s a bummer. Let me share a few ideas with you to turn your Tallahassee Spring Break around. Here are five awesome places to go for your spring break in the Tallahassee area:

Providence Canyon

Located roughly two and a half hours away, Providence Canyon is a nice chance to get outside. While it might not be the Grand Canyon, it’s the closest we can get to something like it at the moment! This Georgia state park has hiking trails that allow you to take in the beauty of their 150-foot-deep canyons. The beautiful orange, greens and blues of the canyons are sure to draw you in and make you feel connected to the nature.

Ginnie Springs

Is hiking not your speed? Does spring break require a body of water for you? No problem. Ginnie Springs is located roughly two hours away and its cool temperature water is sure to shock you! Take in some of Florida’s clearest, most blue water on floaties with your friends. You can even bring your camping supplies if you wish to make it an overnight trip. If you want to get really immersive, you can dive here as well. This sounds like a win to me!

St. George Island

Switching over to saltwater, we have St. George Island. It’s located roughly an hour and 40 minutes away, and brings all the beach vibes you need. The sand is soft, the water is good, and there’s a really tasty restaurant on the shore. Plus, you can take a quick detour and stop by the tourist shop for some swag to rep when you get back to campus. Make sure you pack your sunscreen, a hat and your favorite snacks!

Thomasville, Georgia

Although this town isn’t my all-time favorite, it makes for a cute afternoon with friends. Located 40 min away, Thomasville is a town in Georgia where you can eat and shop around. Make sure you and your friends dress cute because you will probably want to take pictures here. I recommend a cute, but casual dress or something to that effect. After that, try out a restaurant and window shop for a while. Make sure to stop by Smallcakes for a delicious cupcake. Yum!

Cypress Landing Astronomical Park

Located 30 minutes away, this stargazing field is a beautiful sight to see. With some of the most pitch-black skies I’ve ever seen, you are guaranteed to see thousands of stars. Make sure to bring a blanket to watch the stars on. Be careful though, this place is really dark and if you are not careful driving in it can lead straight to a lake. Be careful while you stargaze as well because you cannot necessarily tell what is around you. It might be a good idea to bring a flashlight, lantern and other essentials.

Well, there you have it. So many options to get the ball rolling for spring break. The goal is to make the most of your time wherever you are, so go out and have fun. When you finally decide what you are going to do, make sure you invite me!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

I am Cuban American. Miami is where I call home. Currently, I am studying at the Florida State University. I am a double major in Media Communications and Studio Art. I am part of a Latinx sorority called Kappa Delta Chi. My music duo consists of me and Dillon D'Andrea. We call ourselves "Dormiglioni". I enjoy creating content and inspiring others through my art, whether it be physical art, digital art, or music. My goal in life is to show the world that you can change it through your imagination. I have a very dedicated and driven work ethic. In my down time, I love to spend quality time with my family and friends. Nothing makes me happier than experiencing new things and using those memories to fuel my creativity.