Courtesy: Broke-Ass Stuart

F*ckboys. Players. Manwhores. Whatever you call them, we have all encountered at least one in our lives. Attending Florida State University (F*ckboy State as my friends and I like to call it) you are bound to have a run in with one since our campus is literally crawling with them. So to save all you girls out there from further heartbreak, here is a simple guide on how to spot a f*ckboy before you fall head over heels for a douchebag.

He’s going to make you feel special!

He’s going to compliment you and make you feel confident. This is a smart move, because it makes you crave his attention, approval and gratification.

He’s going to promise you CRAZY things.

They’re going to make insane plans with you. I once had a guy promise to take me to Russia (I know, INSANE right?), but it doesn’t have to be that extreme. Just keep an eye out for any promises or plans that seem too advanced or too good to be true.

The infamous “u up?” text.

Look, there is a reason this is a meme. If he is texting you at 2:00 in the morning for a booty call or nudes, he is a f*ckboy. They also always make things unnecessarily sexual.

Ex:

Me: Hey, What’s up

F-boy: Just wishing you were in bed with me ;)

OR

Me: sorry I didn’t respond, I was in the shower.

F-boy: Aww, without me :(

His Instagram: BEWARE BIG DADDY!

It’s probably going to have one of the following things: pictures with random girls, thirst traps, his “following” list is full of gorgeous single women or he has “daddy”, “big papa”, “papi” or an atrocious mixture of all three in his bio.

Ex: “Papi Chulo” or “Big Papa Huge Time”

Courtesy: Youtube

He is going to deny A LOT of things

• Playing games with you/your feelings
  • Talking to other girls
  • Being an asshole
  • Not responding/leaving you on read
  • MOST OF ALL: Being a f*ckboy

He’s probably going to ghost you…

and then come back weeks later by sliding BACK into your DM’s with a “heeeey”.

Side Note: the more E’s the higher he is on the f*ckboy scale OR the more desperate he is to get you back under his spell.

He’ll call you “Babe” the first day you started talking.

Snapchat is his primary source of communication.

He’s going to mansplain.

Mainly sports, even if you already understand them.

He refers to his friends as his “boys”

Ex: “Sorry babe, can’t hang out today, I’m going to happy hour with the boys

Courtesy: Espol Blog

1. How does your typical f*ckboy look/act like?

This video explains it better than any description I can give you:

2.  What are the different methods a f*ckboy will use to trick you into talking to them?

• Dogs. A wise friend once told me “F*ckboys probably don’t actually love dogs, but you know what they do love? Bitches.”
  • They’ll try and trick you into Netflix and chilling with a “classic” movie you haven’t seen.

3. What are the first red flags of a f*ckboy?

• Look for overconfidence. I’m talking so much it makes you nauseous. Guys who refer to themselves as “Greek gods” and want their ego constantly stroked.
  • Watch out for horrible and overly sexual pick up lines. You know, the ones that ask to use your thighs as earmuffs or ask you if you’re an alien because your ass is out of this world. They can AT LEAST get original.

Please put this information to use. If you are talking to a guy that fits these descriptions, block him girl. Protect yourself, and other women, by ending his f*ckboy reign and bumping his ego down a notch (or two…or ten).  

Rebecca is a junior at FSU majoring in creative writing. She enjoys reading novels until midnight (okay, maybe 2:00 AM), binge-watching shows on Netflix, and hiking in the mountains of North Carolina.
Her Campus at Florida State University.