How to Satisfy Your Munchies, Starring Alan Percal

Name: Alan Percal

Year: Senior

Majors: Actuarial Science, Applied Economics

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale 

Her Campus (HC): To start with, what is MunchBox?

Alan Percal (AP): MunchBox is a snack delivery service. People can order at www.munchboxdelivery.com and the average delivery time is between 20 and 30 minutes. We sell an array of snack, drinks, and candy and gum. Our goal is to provide everything that a convenience store has, but for it to be delivered to our customers in a rapid fashion.

HC: How did the process of creating Munchbox begin?

AP: Originally, the idea was going to be a grocery delivery service, but that quickly transformed into what it is now when we realized the logistics of a full grocery delivery service would be harder to implement.

HC: What is the hardest part about running your own business?

AP: The hardest part is by far the hours it takes out of my day. I have lived, breathed, and slept MunchBox since we started. There’s always something I can be doing to improve the company in some way. Additionally, because we have been so busy, I have also been helping put orders together and even deliver some of them.

HC: What is the best part about running your own business?

AP: The best part is the feeling I get from running something that I started from nothing. We have big plans on expanding this beyond the Tallahassee market, and if it gets to that point it will be a very rewarding feeling.

HC: Who inspires you the most and why?

AP: My parents have always been my strongest supporters. I always had a knack for finding business ideas; from lemonade stands when I was very young, then I started selling gum when I was in middle school that I would buy from Latin America. And now MunchBox.

HC: Where do you see this going in the future?

AP: . In the future I plan to expand MunchBox to other college towns since it is a service that I believe all college kids could utilize.

HC: Finally, what are your lifelong plans?

AP: I have accepted an offer to work as an actuary with Humana in Louisville after I graduate. So as far as short term plans, I’ll be moving to Kentucky in July, but still plan to run MunchBox at full force in the fall at FSU.

Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.