Culture > News

How the Royals Are Celebrating Prince Louis’ 2nd Birthday

It’s official folks. Adorable Prince Louis has turned a whopping two years old, and to celebrate Prince William and wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have released photos to commemorate the event. The picture was shared on the official @Kensingtonroya  Instagram with the caption saying, “Sharing a sneak peek of Prince Louis’ handiwork ahead of his second birthday! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are pleased to share new images of Prince Louis, taken by The Duchess this April.” The post was a slide show that consisted of the young prince playing around with art and with his hands covered in an assortment of colors. There is also a photo of the masterpiece the prince worked very hard to make, a rainbow hand print with a green decorative border around it. The charming photos were taken in the family’s garden at Anmer Hall. The pictures also paid tribute to the NHS, the National Health Service, as Louis was painting a rainbow handprint, just like many other children around the country have been doing to show their appreciation of the careers helping to fight the coronavirus.

Making rainbow artwork is not the only way the family is celebrating; Kate revealed during her BBC interview last week that the family has been video chatting with their relatives, and that Louis likes to press the hang up button on them. She also expressed that it is hectic with the kids but that, “it’s great and it’s nice to keep in touch with everybody.” The family celebrated the prince’s birthday privately last year as well, except this year, with the COVID-19 crisis, no other family members could join them for the celebration.

William and Kate weren’t the only ones to post photos to celebrate. Prince Charles joined in and shared a heartfelt picture of his second grandson that sits in his drawing room at Birkhall, his home on the Queen’s Balmoral estate. The adorable black and white snap shows Charles smiling as he holds Louis to his chest. The young prince wraps his arms lovingly around his grandfather’s neck. Prince Charles also added the caption saying, “A very happy birthday to Prince Louis, who turns two today. The young Prince enjoys a hug from his grandfather the Prince of Wales.”

Louis is the 3rd child and 2nd son of Prince William and wife Kate. His other siblings include Prince George who is the oldest as well as Princess Charlotte who is the second eldest. He is currently fifth in line to the throne, behind his brother and sister, father and grandfather Prince Charles.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Hello! My name is Kartika Ahern, I am a freshman studying Biomedical engineering. In my free time I love photography, swimming and going to Chipotle with my friends. Follow me on Insta! @lil.tika
Her Campus at Florida State University.