photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

The turn of a New Year brings along a gust of fresh air and with it, new opportunities to make the most of your life. It seems as if everyone was patiently waiting for 2018 to be laid to rest as a new year full of hope and promise was just around the corner. More often than not, we set expectations for ourselves and the new year, but we don’t keep the momentum going long enough to last more than a few months. Now that the new year is in full swing, it’s time we decide what we will prioritize and how we will manage to live our lives to the fullest!

1. Don’t live through social media

Social media can be a huge benefit in your life, but only when used properly. It allows us to preserve memories in a unique way and also connect with people all over the world. However, social media is a double-edged sword. We often spend too much time focusing on our social media image that we become more concerned with likes and approval than making genuine memories. This year, try spending less time worrying about your social media presence and spend more time enjoying every precious moment with the people around you. Trust me, you will not regret taking a little hiatus from Insta!

2. Make a dream board

Courtesy: The Honest Pursuit

Dream/vision boards are the perfect way to capture all your goals and ambitions while having an excuse to whip out that craft kit we all know you have in your closet! The best way to ensure that this year will be lived to the fullest is to write down all your plans and wishes and then turn them into visual art on a board. DIY dream boards are so simple and thanks to our best friend Pinterest, the inspiration is endless. Get a group of your best gal pals, splurge on some cute craft tools and get to work on creating the perfect dream board. It is so much easier to stay focused on your goals if you see them every day on a beautiful board hanging in your room!

3. Take more risks

Courtesy: Her Campus FSU Instagram

The time for self-doubt and uncertainty is over ladies and it’s about time we start venturing outside our comfort zones and taking more risks! There is no better time to develop personally than right now and sometimes that happens when we are put in uncomfortable situations. This year, make sure to go out of your way to try new things and say yes to life’s spontaneous adventures. You never know what awaits you on the other side until you take a leap of faith and do what scares you. Uncertainty shouldn’t frighten you, but rather excite you! You are equipped with everything you need to break out of your shell and make incredible new memories this year. Now go out in the world, embrace all that has come your way so far and find a way to grow, learn and live life to the absolute fullest this year!

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.