Style > Fashion

How FSU Students Feel About Sofia Richie’s Wedding Outfits

Sofia Richie had the wedding of the season! She has made herself the newest “it girl” by sharing all of her iconic wedding outfits online for millions of Instagram followers to see. The 24-year-old recently married music executive Elliot Grainge in a stunning wedding at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes, France.

She had many famous attendees, including her father, Lionel Richie, Paris Hilton, and many more. Riche is known for having dated Scott Disick, the father of Kourtney Kardashian’s children before they ultimately broke up.

I asked people about how they felt about different aspects of the wedding and all her outfits for events leading up to her wedding and on the big day!

The consensus on her makeup on her wedding day was that everyone absolutely loved it! People really appreciated her super simple makeup look. She was absolutely glowing and looked super sleek. She was the epitome of the “clean girl aesthetic.”

On social media, though, people were going crazy over her veil. It was adorned with resin water droplets to make it look like dew drops. One TikTok user went viral after posting a review and saying that the veil will be the “next big bridal trend.”

@catquinn

Sofia Richie’s wedding bridal veil by Chanel featured shimmering water resin droplet crystals. What do you think compared to rhinestone and pearl veils? Love!! #sofiarichie #sofiarichiewedding #sofiarichieweddingdress #sofiarichieveil #weddingveil #bridalveil

♬ original sound – <3

I then started asking people about all the outfits she wore before her wedding. I started by showing people this almond Khaite ($2,400) dress and a wooden Chanel bag paired with white pumps ($880). Some people I interviewed loved how chic it was and thought that she pulled it off, but others thought that she could do a lot better and did not love the fringe on the bottom.

The next look was a Posse vest ($210) and skirt ($235) set with a white Chanel bag and a Chanel scarf tied into her hair. This outfit also received mixed reviews with more people thinking it reminded them of something a grandmother would wear.

The third outfit is a Proenza Schouler dress ($1,790) the same white pumps as the first outfit, House of Harlow 1960 earrings (a brand owned by her sister Nicole Richie), and a mini Hermes Birkin. This outfit had much better reviews. People loved the beach vibes she gave and thought she looked amazing.

The next outfit had one of the best reviews. She wore a terry cloth Chanel cover-up maxi dress, Khaite sandals ($750), and a matching Chanel bag. Everyone loved this outfit and thought she was giving old-money, European vibes.

This next outfit is part of her “something blue.” Richie stunned in a periwinkle Khaite dress ($1,880) and a pair of Manolo Blahnik mules. People liked the color but not necessarily the style, they thought it was a bit too conservative.

The next was a Proenza dress ($1,490) with a Chanel bag and Chanel flats. People compared her to a modern grandmother or the captain of a ship, but they overall really liked it.

The next dress was her wedding dress. It was a white halter neck haute couture Chanel dress. The dress took four and a half months to finish and had an S&E (their initials) embroidered in blue across her heart. The biggest complaint people had was the neckline, but everyone agreed that she looked beautiful.

The next one was a photo of the newly married couple and their entire wedding party. I asked people what they thought of the black bridal party wear, and it was very divided. Some thought it was very classy and loved the contrast, while others do not really like black for bridal parties.

The last dress was for her after-party. This was another couture-corseted Chanel mini dress. She rocked this during her reception and was praised by everyone I spoke to.

The overall consensus — Sofia Richie Grainge KILLED the wedding outfits game. I wish the best of luck and happiness to the newlyweds!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

Jessica is a junior at Florida State University studying Retail Entrepreneurship. She is from Hollywood, FL and in Alpha Omicron Pi.