freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Celebrate V-Day in Tally Without a Significant Other

Valentine’s Day is meant to be a day to celebrate love and all its forms. Whoever thought we should orient this holiday around couples and events to do with an S.O. was downright close-minded. Truthfully speaking, the best kind of love is self-love, so this Valentine’s day treat yourself to one of these upcoming events without a significant other!

1. Madison Social’s Galentine’s Day 

Courtesy: HelloGiggles

Everyone’s *actual* favorite holiday in February is being celebrated in style at MadSo on the Feb. 13! Brunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. PLUS, for every mimosa pitcher you purchase, you’ll receive two “Ladies Celebrating Ladies” wine glasses! To top off this perfect celebration, they will be hosting Parks and Recreation trivia at 7 p.m!

When: February 13, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m; Trivia: 7 p.m. 

2. CISZAK at The Standard

Courtesy: Facebook

Nothing says romance like electronic dance music, right? Luckily for us, Standard will be hosting DJ CISZAK on Valentine’s Day! Throw on your cutest V-Day outfit, head out to the club and headbang until your little heart is full.

When: February 14, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m. 

3. Tau Beta Sigma’s Valentine’s Day-Themed Photobooth

Taking pictures in your V-Day outfits is a must, especially when it’s with your favorite gal pals. If you’re in the mood to get those cute photobooth pics that complement any Instagram feed, head over to the Friendship Garden between the College of Music Green and the amphitheater on Feb. 12. Pictures are only $2 for the first five pictures and $1 for every picture after! 

When: February 12, 4:30 – 7 p.m. 

4. ANTI-Valentine’s Day at TENN

Courtesy: Facebook

The only thing better than a Valentine’s Day party is an anti-Valentine’s Day party! If you’re in the mood to bash on couples and exploit your single status to the fullest, then head over to TENN on Feb. 15. BONUS: first 50 singles get in free. The best time to relish in your single-ness is the day after Valentine’s Day so get on out there, ladies!

When: February 15, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m. 

5. Pink Narcissus’ Lilly Pulitzer Valentine’s Day Event

Shopping is everyone’s favorite form of exercise and nothing makes us feel better than exercising the right to treat ourselves! If you’re in the mood to celebrate V-Day surrounded by the beautiful Lilly Pulitzer spring collection, head over to Pink Narcissus. Not only will you be able to check out the new collection, but you will also receive complimentary consultations and mini-makeovers!

When: February 14, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.   

6. BOGO Cookies at Chik Fil A

Courtesy: Facebook

Let’s be honest, a holiday is really only worth celebrating if Chik Fil A is involved. Lucky for us, Chik Fil A on West Tennessee is offering buy one, get one chocolate chunk cookies ALL DAY LONG on Valentine’s Day. This is the best time to celebrate V-Day on your own because that means two cookies for you and yourself!

When: 6:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.

Where: 1775 W. Tennessee St

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.