Holiday Gift Guide: For Your Best Friend

With finals week almost over and winter break sneaking up on us, it’s time to start thinking about holiday wish lists! Your best friend has been there for you through it all – from late night rendezvous to shopping trips to all those study sessions in Stroz – she deserves a little something to let her know you care! Why not show her just how much she means to you with something you know she’ll love? You are her best friend, after all! Take a look at some of the ideas below to help you get a head start on your shopping:

Give her the gift that keeps on giving. For $30, sign your best friend up for Birchbox where she’ll receive three months of hand-picked beauty and lifestyle samples right to her front door. If she likes it, she can decide to continue her subscription. It’ll be such a sweet surprise each month to receive this cute little pink box full of goodies!

Who doesn’t love nail polish? Spoil your best friend with a selection of sensational new overcoats from butter LONDON ($15 each)! These would transform her tips for the holidays and be the perfect addition to her already overflowing nail polish collection. They can be used alone or brushed on top of any existing nail color. I have my eyes on the gold in the middle! 

This book, compiled in collaboration with The New York Times, is a lovely gift for your adventurous best friend who loves to travel! It offers jam-packed yet practical itineraries for getting the most out of a short trip. With your BFF having limited availability as a college student, she can still have that dream retreat over a well-plotted two-night stay. Just make her promise to take you with her wherever she goes! 

[ pagebreak ]

Sometimes our dorm rooms or apartments can get a little boring. These prints would transform any room and make your best friend’s space look a little more her own (while knowing her BFF got it for her). There are a variety of fun prints to choose from. Just add a frame and this gift is sure to make your friend smile!

Kate Spade has THE best selection of tech accessories and phone cases. If I could get every one, I would. They’re just perfect for every occasion. How cute is this one with the pearls lined up on the back? I’m in love! Whether your best friend loves pearls, polka dots, stripes, or even champagne, there’s a phone case in there for her!

If you prefer shopping in person, I recommend checking out the newly opened Reef Boutique in FSU’s College Town before leaving for break. They offer edgy yet traditional clothing, with most prices ranging from $30-$40. There’s bound to be something in there your bestie would like.

No matter who you’re shopping for, this list should have every type of girl covered – from your book-loving roommate to your fashionable little sister. Have a wonderful winter break and happy shopping!

Kayla is a senior at Florida State University. She is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Business and Hospitality Management. Apart from taking courses and writing for Her Campus, Kayla enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and discovering the best places around town. She hopes to work in the Hospitality PR industry after she graduates in May.   
Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!