burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Highlights from Milan Fashion Week

Three weeks into one of the best times of the year, Milan graced us with some amazing trends, collections and shows. Spread across many differet styles Milan allowed its audience to appreciate creativity and orginality while also sticking within the classic and traditional pieces. Designers such as Fendi, Gucci, Prada, Armani and the always incentric Moschino were invited to show the world what they had to offer this year and they didn’t disappoint. Some of the collections and potential upcoming trends are presented below:

Gucci

Courtesy: Gucci

Sticking within a theme of workplace chic Alessandro Michele channeled his previous collection of geeky glam. Adding in pieces of sheer, patterns and floral Gucci was able to embody a feeling of nostalga. Even though Michele has openly discussed that he isn’t nostalgic he will agree to the fact that he likes to shake up things that look like they belong from the past but add his own quirky attitude to it. Also showed many times during his show were Gucci’s loafers, Mary Janes, berets and structured bags, leaving us to believe that accessories are going to be important this year.

Fendi

Courtesy: Fendi

Bearing skin was Fendi’s key aspect of their show. Sexy but subtle the line emphasized the models legs with its almost all non-pant collection. A trend close to this was also the repeated cutouts and sometimes sheer pieces that made showing excess skin tasteful and conventional in its many styles. Going the opposite way of Gucci the designers of Fendi tried to stay away from their previous collections and boldly stated “Retro is over, no?”

Versace

Courtesy: Versace

Versace channeled her inner feminist and styled her pieces towards women’s empowerment. Seen within her combat and menswear themed outfits she successfully swayed away from her classic pieces and experimented with prints and accessories never seen in her company. Almost always showing a lot of leg Versace still could never take away her touch of sexiness but instead of it just being all sultry she was able to attach a feeling of liberation into her clothing.

Moschino

Courtesy: Moschino

It’s an unspoken rule that any Moschino show is going to be more entertaining and exuberant than the rest. Jeremy Scott has the ability to make any theme seem inspirational, just take this year’s current theme of construction and car washes into effect. Adding in his more relaxed pieces he was able to compliment classic pussy-bow blouses with luminescent colors and occasional see through jackets. Also bringing it back to past decades Scott focused a portion of his collection on Chanel themed full circular skirts and dresses. In great Moschino style a few outfits graced the catwalk that turned more heads than usual, like the abundance of feathers and fringe.

Milan fashion week has just come to a close and this sadly means that the wondrous month of style is quickly approaching, but thank god we still have another week. Make sure that when you go shopping in the near future to invest in some of these trends as they might big next season. Goodbye Milan & hello Paris!

Tara Lawson-Corley is a Florida State University graduate. She majored in Retail Merchandising & Product Development with the goal of someday working for a fitness driven retail company. Hopefully later on she will be able to own her own successful fitness boutique or at least that's the dream. Tara enjoys the occasional Netflix binge, reading numerous fashion magazines, and finding new and exciting ways to workout.
Her Campus at Florida State University.