The beginning of February means there are many “starts” on the way. There’s the start of new relationships, as Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and the beginning of the student scramble, where it is time for all of us to get our stuff together. This is when the high stress is starting to set in, when we finally get out of that post-winter break slump and realize that we are drowning in group projects, papers, and exams.  February is a time of emotional and mental stress, when all we really need is a nice remedy of relaxation.

The perfect way for anyone to relax for the rest of the school year is to come out to watch our Florida State Seminoles Baseball and Softball teams.

Baseball is America’s past time, and there is no better way to spend an afternoon or evening than at Dick Howser Stadium. Sitting in the stands watching our Noles play a good game is something I personally love about going to FSU. The baseball team is ready to come out strong this season and pick up where they left off last season. The ‘Noles are ranked in the preseason polls at No. 11 (Collegiate Baseball and Perfect Game) and No. 21 (Baseball America and D1Baseball.com). The ‘Noles are stacked with many different players at all grade levels, each filled with determination for the upcoming season. The team has a wide range of talent and they are looking forward to a great season. Our Seminoles Baseball team opens up on Friday, February 13th against Oakland University. Their schedule is jam packed with opponents that will be sure to make it an entertaining season.

Softball is no less of a sport than baseball, and our Florida State Seminole team proves that. Attending a softball game at one of the top complexes in the country, JoAnne Graf Field, is the best way to cool down after a long day of classes. The softball team is comprised of some hard working, awesome, and extremely talented women. Their dedication to the sport is something I admire and I think everyone should. After their run to the Women’s College World Series, the ‘Noles are determined to win, and prepared to put in the work to make it there. The team is ranked in the preseason polls at No. 5 (USA Today and the NFCA), and consists of many skilled young women at all grade levels, each with their own talent. The ‘Noles will undoubtedly make this a thrilling season as they work to make it to the 2015 Women’s College World Series. Each game is sure to be a good one, and I know our softball team will not let us down. The lady ‘Noles opened up the season this past weekend versus Georgia Southern and No. 6 Kentucky. Their schedule is brimming with talented opponents that guarantee a great game.

Source: Seminoles Softball

The next time you are looking for a way to relax after a week of stressful exams, go check out our Florida State Seminoles Baseball and Softball teams! It will be a lot more fun than pushing past people at the Strip, and it won’t give you a hangover.

Miranda is a Senior at FSU pursuing a degree in Sports Management. Her interests mainly include sports, sports, and more sports although she was never the athlete (oops). Her love for sports balances out her girly ways. She can sit down and cheer on her favorite New York teams with just as much passion as buying a new top (on sale of course). She is absolutely obsessed with her puggle, scrolling Twitter, and sleeping in. She hopes to rule the sports world someday, own a baby elephant, live on the beach, and have a big family. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.