etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Here’s Why You Don’t Want to Miss St. Practice Day at Madison Social

We have all heard of the grueling spring training that baseball players must endure before the start of baseball season and perhaps you have even been in the gym training for weeks, preparing for your bikini body debut over spring break. Or you have been preparing for your weeklong Netflix marathon, a truly noble venture that takes time and dedication (and snacks). Well, have you considered training for St. Patrick’s Day? This year, Florida State students have been privileged with the gift of a St. Patrick’s Day that falls on the last Friday of spring break 2017. To some, however, this gift can also be seen as a curse.

At FSU, St. Patrick’s Day is a sacred holiday spent with friends and cheap green beer, hopping from bar to bar around Tallahassee, wearing green and celebrating the Irish culture for a day. This year, that sacred tradition is, in a stroke of misfortune, a little bit out of reach for Florida State students due to the fact that St. Patrick’s Day coincides with the end of spring break. Luckily, Madison Social and other Collegetown bars have the answer to all of our social calendar woes, at least regarding the month of March.

On March 11, you will have your chance to test your resolve (and tolerance) before the big day on March 17. If it’s not up to par, you will have all spring break to really train for St. Patrick’s Day. This Saturday, you can join the crawl by purchasing a beer at Proof, Grasslands, the Brass Tap and Madison Social. When you buy a beer at each of these locations, you will be handed a gold coin. After visiting all four locations, and receiving the gold coins, you can head over to the end of the rainbow (Township) to receive your well-earned pot of gold (free beer).

As for the actual St. Patrick’s Day? My suggestion is to wear a green bikini (or green footie pajamas), should someone think it’s still appropriate to pinch people for not wearing green and drink a beer you actually like (since you won’t be limited to cheap green beer). Or not. Live your dream, find a beach (or a spot near the window for your Netflix binge) and enjoy something the Irish don’t get very often: sunshine.

Just to recap the details of the St. Practice Day event: On March 11, Madison Social is hosting a bar crawl where you buy a beer from Proof, Madison Social, Brass Tap and Grasslands. When you buy a beer, you get a gold coin, and you guard them with your life. When you have all four gold coins, you can head over to Township to cool down and claim your prize, which is a free select beer. Do not forget to enlist a friend to spot you and be your designated driver. Train hard and stay safe, Noles!

All images courtesy of Madison Social

Her Campus at Florida State University.