Style > Beauty

Here Are 5 Beauty Products You’ll Need for Spring Break

Hey Collegiettes! I’m Melizza Black, your HC FSU Beauty Guru. I spend my time watching makeup tutorials and product reviews while simultaneously scrolling through Instagram to catch up on the latest makeup news. If you’re as passionate as I am about a bright highlight and a strong contour, look out for my weekly beauty articles!

The long awaited week of pure happiness is finally here! Collegiettes everywhere are preparing for a week full of traveling with friends or family, parties and relaxation. I’ve got the perfect list of beauty products you’ll need to SLAY the entire week, plus they won’t take up too much room in your suitcase!

1. Sunscreen

Courtesy: Crazy Beautiful Makeup

This one is a no-brainer. While you’re tanning by the pool, partying on the beach or taking a stroll down the boardwalk, you’ll want to keep your skin protected. Make sure you pack a light sunscreen and apply it everyday before you leave the house (hotel room, tent, etc). 

2. Light Foundation

Courtesy: Urban Decay Cosmetics

A collegiette’s worst nightmare is taking a selfie on Spring Break and realizing that her full face of banging makeup is literally melting off of her face. Gross. Avoid this mess by skipping the full coverage foundation and opting for something with a lighter, dewy finish. Or skip foundation all together and pick up a tinted moisturizer.

3. A Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Courtesy: Elf Cosmetics

Palettes are the most travel friendly makeup products. You’ll be able to create a ton of different eye looks perfect for going out or for hanging out. Choose a palette with a ton of neutral shades because they match with ANYTHING you wear. Cute bikini? Off-the-shoulder top? Party dress meant to SLAY? It’s got you covered. 

4. Waterproof Mascara

Courtesy: Too Faced Cosmetics

The pool, the beach, sweat. What do they all have in common? Water! Protect yourself from raccoon eyes by choosing a waterproof mascara. Normal ones won’t be able to keep up with you on Spring Break.

5. Lipgloss

Courtesy: Too Faced Cosmetics

While it’s probably not the first beauty product you’d think of when packing for Spring Break, they’re perfect for just about every occasion. Finish off a natural makeup look with a clear gloss to really bring your face to life. And dab a little gloss in the center of your lips to make them look plumper on a night out. Or wear a bare face and one swipe of gloss for a great beach selfie with your bestie!

Make sure to pack all of these products in your bag so you can look and feel your best all week long! 

I'm currently studying Editing Writing & Media and Public Relations at FSU. When I'm not busy, I love scouting out new restaurants, parks and things to do around Tallahassee. And of course I document it all on Instagram! #DoItForTheGram
Her Campus at Florida State University.