Style > Beauty

Her Picks: The Editors’ Guide to Fashion, Beauty, Music & More

Our editors here at Her Campus FSU have decided to create a bi-weekly column, Her Picks, sharing what we’re obsessed with at the moment. Every other week, our editors will let you in on their latest finds — whether it be a cool new beauty product, interesting restaurant or a band they can’t get enough of. Here are a few of our editors’ picks this week:

Malory Hudson, Social Media Director

1It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I know, I know. I am once again late to the game but at least I made it, right? I got hooked on it over Spring Break and it is the perfect 25-minute stress relief whenever you just need some “me” time. The key is to just get through the first season, past that you’re golden.

2. Mandarins aka mini-oranges aka cuties aka halos

Whatever the f you call them they are DELISH. These are a springtime favorite of mine, to the point of me eating five a day. I don’t necessarily recommend that, but ya know I don’t necessarily disapprove either. 

Ivanna Leitner, Public Relations Director

1. Flowerbomb, Viktor & Rolf

I’ve been obsessing over the perfume Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf. I’ve been obsessed with the perfume scent since I was 14, but I fell in love with it again recently. It’s all I have been using lately and all I want ever on me! It’s pretty pricey, but the scent stays on you FOREVER. This will forever be my favorite perfume. 

2. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

My go-to pimple cream for when a pimple shows up on my face is the Mario Badescu drying lotion. It’s a drying cream with a strong scent, but it dries up my pimple and there is barely anything there the next day. I’m obsessed with it, and Kylie Jenner swears by it too! 

Taylor Dickey, Events Director

1. Origins Clear Improvement Mask

I’ll just start out my saying this is going to be your new best friend. I’ve been a fan of Origins skincare for a while and this mask is one of my favorite products. It is a charcoal mask that is meant to clear your pores of all the gross residue that clog them up. And it completely does its job. I use the mask twice a week and after my pores are noticeably smaller, my skin is less red and super soft. It’s also great for shrinking pimples. You can find the mask here.

2. Parenthood

I just started watching Parenthood on Netflix this week and I’m already hooked. The series follows the Braverman family through the ups and downs of raising their children in today’s society. Warning: This dysfunctional family will make you feel a lot of things. I’m only on episode six and I’ve already cried, laughed, hurt and rejoiced with these characters. Somehow, it’s always entertaining to watch families that are more screwed up (or just as screwed up) as your family. Believe me, you won’t be disappointed. 

Taylor Dickey is a Sophomore at The Florida State University who is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Hospitality Management. She hopes to work in the Fashion and/or Entertainment industry one day as a Public Relations Manager for a designer, an Art Director for a brand, or a Fashion Event Planner. She is interested and well-versed in Marketing & Communications, Social Media, Event Planning, Brand Management, and Graphic Design. Originally from Houston, Texas, Taylor loves fashion, baking, laughing, the beach, and doing anything creative. She dreams big, loves with all her heart, and has an obsession with Pinterest.
Her Campus at Florida State University.