Our editors here at Her Campus FSU have decided to create a bi-weekly column, Her Picks, sharing what we’re obsessed with at the moment. Every other week, our editors will let you in on their latest finds — whether it be a cool new beauty product, interesting restaurant or a band they can’t get enough of. Here are a few of our editors’ picks this week: 

Rachel Epstein, Editor-in-Chief

1. Carine Roitfeld’s “Under Construction” Spread for Harper’s BAZAAR

I haven’t seen a spread I’ve fallen in love with for quite a while now, but this changed the other day when BAZAAR.com released Global Fashion Director Carine Roitfeld’s latest shoot, “Under Construction: Spring 2016 At Work.” *A moment of silence for the Yeezy Season 2 pieces* The inspiration is incredible and the video brings it all to life – messy, edgy, rebellious. Does it not make you feel like a boss a*s b?! I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a BAZAAR t-shirt more than I do now! 

Courtesy: Harper’s BAZAAR

2. Big Sur, California

Over winter break, I took a trip to Northern California to experience the fabulousness of Napa Valley, Carmel Valley and San Francisco, but there was absolutely NOTHING quite like the beauty of Big Sur. Officially on my list of top five destinations, Big Sur has the scenery and atmosphere unlike any other place I’ve visited. Many people get this notion that because you’re in the U.S. you simply can’t compare it to the likes of being abroad at destinations such as the Amalfi Coast or Nice, but trust me when I say you need to book a trip here. For the most amazing views and great food, head to Nepenthe and experience the Pacific Ocean from the mountaintop, but first make sure to stop at the Bixby Bridge and take it all in. 

Courtesy: Rachel Epstein

3. Garance Doré 

If you couldn’t tell from my previous Her Picks, I’m a bit obsessed with all-things French. While I wish I could be sitting at Café de Flore people-watching on the beautiful cobblestone streets of Paris (rather than spending every spare moment I have at Brooklyn Water Bagel doing work), instead I get my Parisian fix from famed fashion photographer and illustrator Garance Doré. See all of her chic products and accessories to treat yourself to here. My favorites are the New York – Paris notebook and 2016 calendar

Anjelica MacGregor, Social Media Director

1. #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso 

Since I’m approaching graduation in May, I thought this would be a good read. The #GirlBoss movement is so big that Netflix just announced they’re going to have a series that follows the book! For more information about #GirlBoss go to http://www.girlboss.com/. Girls are the real bosses anyway. 

2. Skinn by Dimitri James

My absolute go to for anything skincare is Skinn by Dimitri James. My mom introduced me to the products and I’ve been hooked for about three years now. The love just continues when I see visual results in my skin. Dimitri James makes products from lipstick to deep pore facial cleansers. I swear by these products

Courtesy: Skinn

Kaylah Jackson, Events Director

1. Nude Nail Polish

I’m totally a proponent of matching the colors in my wardrobe and makeup to the current season, but lately I’m in love with a good nude nail polish! Nude matches with any outfit I wear and make my outfits look so clean and streamline. I am a bit of an Essie addict, but it’s hard to cut back when they offer literally every color under the sun! My favorite shades are Mink Muffs, Chinchilly and Sand Tropez.

Courtesy: The Style Spy

2. Netflix Documentaries

My current senior year schedule hardly provides the time for me to catch up on my regular Netflix shows, but when I do decide to take an hour-long break from writing a paper, I love searching Netflix for documentaries. Los Tiempos De Pablo Escobar and Soul Food Junkies amongst others are my favorites. Not only do the documentaries cover a variety of topics, but you also learn tons (all without opening a textbook)! My most recent obsession is Fresh Dressed – it chronicles the history of hip-hop fashion.

Courtesy: Missinfo.Tv

3. ColourPop Lippies

Yes, we all know how much of a holy grail Velvet Teddy and Ruby Woo are, but I cannot get over the quality and price of Colourpop’s Lippie Sticks. For an affordable $5, you can buy one of their super creamy and longwearing lipsticks. They also have matching lip liners that come in every color. Once again, on trend with my nude color obsession, the shade “Grunge” is what I use for my daily swipe of color.

Courtesy: Makeup-Sessions

Amanda Burrows, Secretary

1. Young & Hungry

One of my obsessions is the show Young & Hungry. It stars Emily Osment who you may recognize from that one show nobody knows about, Hannah Montana. This time around she is playing the main protagonist: 23-year-old Gabi, a college dropout who aspires to be her own quirky version of Julia Child as an executive chef to an adorable tech mogul. I’m already on season two!

Courtesy: Just Jared Jr.

2. LUSH Bath Bombs

Another obsession of mine is LUSH bath bombs. I should probably buy stock in LUSH as a company because I spend a majority of my cash buying their products. These bath bombs in particular are one of LUSH’s top products because they are cool new ways to take baths. Once submerged in your tub, each bath bomb will explode into beautiful fizzy colors that will leave you smelling incredible.

Taylor Dickey is a Sophomore at The Florida State University who is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Hospitality Management. She hopes to work in the Fashion and/or Entertainment industry one day as a Public Relations Manager for a designer, an Art Director for a brand, or a Fashion Event Planner. She is interested and well-versed in Marketing & Communications, Social Media, Event Planning, Brand Management, and Graphic Design. Originally from Houston, Texas, Taylor loves fashion, baking, laughing, the beach, and doing anything creative. She dreams big, loves with all her heart, and has an obsession with Pinterest.
Editor-in-Chief, Her Campus FSU // Follow me @rachelepstein_