Style > Beauty

Her Picks: The Editors’ Guide to Fashion, Beauty, Music & More

Our editors here at Her Campus FSU have decided to create a bi-weekly column, Her Picks, sharing what we’re obsessed with at the moment. Every other week, our editors will let you in on their latest finds—whether it be a cool new beauty product, interesting restaurant or a band they can’t get enough of. Here are a few of our editors’ picks this week: 

Mikaela McShane, Editor-in-Chief

1. Asics Running Trail

I just got a new pair of Asics Running Trail shoes that I’m really excited about. Asics are minimalist trail shoes that have a lot of traction but a really light frame. The laces fold under so they can come untied. These are perfect for every single outdoor activity you could possibly imagine so if you love being outdoors, these are the shoes for you!

2. Balcony Herb Garden

I’ve been really into making a balcony herb garden at my house. I’ve been dabbling with gardening for a few years now. My latest endeavor is repurposing cans and jars to start little herb sprouts, and recently I’ve started moving them to bigger pots on my balcony. I use my freshly grown herbs for my tea and when I cook!

Ivanna Leitner, Public Relations Director

1. How to Get Away With Murder

If you haven’t already heard of this show, which I’m sure you have, How to Get Away With Murder is a show you MUST watch. The first season is on Netflix, and I’ll admit that I finished it in two days so it’s definitely possible to catch up fast! This show is SO addicting. Trust me. Here’s the trailer for it!

2. Princess by Vera Wang

I have had my eye on this perfume for a long time, but couldn’t get my hands on it in a store anywhere. I finally decided to just order it. It’s called Princess by Vera Wang. Not only is the perfume bottle cute, but it also smells AMAZING. It’s my new go-to perfume after Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf. You can find it here!

Malory Hudson, Social Media Director

1. The List App

Created by my former middle school crush, BJ Novak (aka Ryan from The Office), The List App is a social media platform dedicated only to lists. On the app, you are able to create your own lists, read your friends’ lists and even read lists from celebrities. From a list called “Texts I’ve Sent to Uber Drivers by Mistake” by Jen Snow to Snoop Dogg’s list, “Rules for the Sesh,” this app embraces the listicle in all its glory. You can love it, hate it, call it the fall of society—whatever you want—but make sure to check it out before you decide. 

2. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful by Florence + The Machine

Grab your flower crowns, ladies, because the queen of frolicking through meadows and thunderstorms is back. Florence creates another world with her third studio album. Full of hope and harmonies, this album is perfect to start a brand new day. The track “Delilah” is essential to any midnight dance party caused by midterms.

Kaylah Jackson, Events Director

1. @nitro_licious

Recently, I’ve noticed a rise in the popularity of sneakers in the high fashion community. I’ve always been more of a kicks-over-heels gal myself, but lately my shoe addiction has caused my roommate to give me a shoe intervention. Since I can’t “make it rain” at the Nike outlet anymore, I make sure to check out Wendy Lam’s Instagram for inspiration! From Puma, Jordans, Asics and Vans, Wendy has it all. Whether you’re a dedicated sneakerhead or a girl just looking to add some new kicks to your closet, she is definitely one to follow!

2. The Milk Carton Kids

My Spotify playlist has everything from Drake and Future’s mixtape “What a Time to Be Alive” to the best heartbreak pop from T-Swift to R&B oldies courtesy of my parents, but by far my favorite genre is folk music. If you are into the sounds of The Civil Wars, Ray LaMontagne, or Iron & Wine, then The Milk Carton Kids will soon be on repeat in your headphones! Joey Ryan and Kenneth Pattengale’s melodic voices and acoustic sound are perfect for adding to your study playlist or just driving around town with the top down!

Amanda Burrows, Secretary

1. Rimmel London Lipsticks

The fall season is not just about pumpkin spice lattes and cozy sweaters; it’s also about darker beauty! I love wearing a bold berry lipstick during this time of year, and Rimmel London does a great job of carrying a variety of bold shades. My personal favorites are 107, 30 and 08.

2. Dole Dark Chocolate Bananas

I love anything chocolate, and this is one of my favorite desserts! Dole sells frozen boxes of dark chocolate covered bananas or strawberries, and they are usually under $4 at Publix. They are delicious and I may or may not have finished an entire box last week…

3. American Eagle Jeggings

I live in these things during the colder months! I recommend finding a great pair of stretchy jeggings when they are on sale! American Eagle carries some of the best jeggings I’ve ever worn and they are usually either buy one, get one 50 percent off or they are marked down.

Taylor Dickey is a Sophomore at The Florida State University who is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Hospitality Management. She hopes to work in the Fashion and/or Entertainment industry one day as a Public Relations Manager for a designer, an Art Director for a brand, or a Fashion Event Planner. She is interested and well-versed in Marketing & Communications, Social Media, Event Planning, Brand Management, and Graphic Design. Originally from Houston, Texas, Taylor loves fashion, baking, laughing, the beach, and doing anything creative. She dreams big, loves with all her heart, and has an obsession with Pinterest.
Her Campus at Florida State University.