Her Campus FSU Spring 2011 Wrap-Up

[Your HC FSU President, Viviana Victoria (right) and Vice President, Danielle Sanchez (left)]

This spring semester, Her Campus FSU has grown from 5 members to nearly 20 members and we hope to keep growing as the years go by. As the President of HC FSU, I would like to wrap-up this semester’s accomplishments and give a preview of what we have in store for Fall 2011. I would like to thank all of our officers and writers for all of their hard work and time contributed to Her Campus FSU: Danielle Sanchez as our Vice President, Jena LaMendola as our Lead Writer, Megan Elliott as our Director of Public Relations, and Lisa Denmark as our Treasurer, as well as all of our members and contributing writers.

This semester, HC FSU held biweekly meetings at the SLC lounge, chalked and posted flyers around campus. While chalking, we came up with creative eye catching ideas to publicize for HC FSU. By updating the website every Monday at noon, our HC FSU team was always hard at work; coming up with great and interesting ideas for the magazine. Along with writing many articles a week related to FSU, we posted two videos. One of the videos was for President’s Day, when some of our members walked around campus interviewing students’ knowledge on U.S. Presidents, which was quite entertaining. The other video was on Saint Patrick’s Day where we interviewed students about their plans for this festive day in Tallahassee. We also interviewed many people around campus for our feature Campus Celebrity, including Bernard James, Chris Singleton, the Gold Guy, Playmate Amanda Cerny, and many more.

Next semester, Fall 2011, HC FSU is proud to announce that we will be a Recognized Student Organization (RSO). As an RSO we will be able to hold events and activities on Campus, which we are very excited about. Since some of our members are graduating and leaving our team, we have some opening positions for next year. We will need a Secretary and new Lead Writer. The Secretary is in charge of taking notes at meetings and keeping track of member points, as well as some other secretarial tasks. The Lead Writer is in charge of receiving all articles the day of the deadline and creating an archive of said articles, emailing them to our Vice President/Head Editor, and reminding writers of deadlines and missing documents. If you are interested in either of these positions or are interested in joining our team as a contributing writer, please email me at viviana@hercampus.com. We have a lot planned for this upcoming semester so get ready for another great semester!

Viviana Victoria is a sophomore at the Florida State University, class of 2013, double majoring in Retail Merchandising & Product Development and the new English track offered at FSU, editing, writing, and media. Born and raised in West Palm Beach, Florida, moving up to Tallahassee was quite a change. During her first year in college, after changing her major three times, she was fortunate enough to discover her passion for writing this early on. Her goal is to write for a major fashion magazine or to be a screenplay writer in the future. She is an active member of the Collegiate Merchandising Association (CMA) at FSU, as well as a contributing writer of College Magazine, an advice publication for college students founded by a graduate student of Maryland. Some of her interests include playing sports, reading, working out, and basically having a good time. Her ultimate life goal is to touch lives and to be remembered as the girl who always made people smile regardless of what was thrown her way.