Hannah Hughes: Small-Town Sunshine with a Sparkling Future

This week’s Campus Cutie is my friend, roommate, and girl crush all in one – Hannah Hughes! Hannah is notorious in my apartment for doing the Whip, taking surprise snapchats, and yelling “HELLOOOOO” at everyone when she comes home. She takes pride in making cheesy jokes and spreading grins across her friends’ faces. Hannah laughed all throughout this interview if that tells you anything about her personality! She’s a goofball, but we love her.

Keep reading to learn more about Hannah!

Name: Hannah Hughes

Hometown: Vero Beach, Florida (Born in Lincoln, New Hampshire)

Year: Sophomore      

Age: 19

Major: Biology (Pre-Med)

Relationship Status: Trying to avoid Tinder matches as she runs to her 8 AM lab.

Her Campus (HC): So Vero Beach is five and a half hours away…What made you choose Florida State?

Hannah Hughes (HH): Honestly, I had no idea where I wanted to go to school until I literally woke up one morning and decided that FSU sounded pretty cool. I absolutely love Florida State and couldn’t be happier. Go Noles!

HC: So, you were born and raised in Lincoln, New Hampshire. What was your favorite part of living there?

HH: I lived right next to a park that trained bears to ride Segways, play on swings, and eat ice cream! Also, I loved the small-town atmosphere.

HC: What’s your pet peeve?

HH: I can’t stand when people lick their fingers after eating. Oh, and it’s pretty annoying when people don’t hold open the door when you’re right behind them.

HC: Embarrassing moments—what’s one that you’ve have recently?

HH: Well, this actually happens a lot…awkward. But I pride myself in posting Yik Yaks that I think are funny but that end up getting down voted off.

HC: What organizations are you involved with on campus?

HH: I’m a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, numerous intramurals (both within Alpha Gamma Delta and apart from my sorority), and my calendar is filled with tons of dates for a few pre-med clubs I’m joining!

HC: How many pillows do you have in your bed?

HH: 1738. I don’t know, maybe four?

HC: What are you passionate about?

HH: Honestly, I just love making other people happy. I’m such a goof but it’s because I love to put smiles on people’s faces! Small things that brighten people’s day top my list of favorite things to do. Also, I used to be crazy obsessed with doing the Whip, but I’m trying to learn how to “Hit the Quan” because I heard it’s the new thing in town. Stay tuned.

HC: Where do you see yourself in fifteen years?

HH: In 15 years, I hope to be living up north and working as a pediatrician! I’m pretty basic, so I wouldn’t mind an awesome husband, 2.5 kids, and a white picket fence.

HC: What intramurals do you participate in?

HH: I play flag football, bowling, kickball, soccer and basketball! I like to stay busy.

HC: What song do you currently have on repeat on Spotify?

HH: *Grabs her phone and scrolls through Spotify* I want to seem cool, haha! I’m going to go with “Cough Syrup” by Young the Giant…it’s so addicting.

HC: Tell me something quirky about yourself—something that most people don’t know.

HH: How can I narrow it down to one?! Miley Cyrus gets my day going, honestly. My days are so much better if I start them off with her songs.

HC: I love it! What else?

HH: I read Amelia Bedelia as a kid. Amelia was so gullible and honestly I picked up some of that. Is that embarrassing? Maybe!

HC: What’s your favorite season?

HH: Winter. Definitely winter.

HC: Describe your motto in life in five words.

HH: Don’t take anything too seriously!

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

HH: Watching “Miranda Sings” on YouTube. No shame. Also, I love having tons of different colored sticky notes at my disposal, even though I pretty much only use the basic yellow ones.

HC: What’s your favorite smell?

HH: You know the Soarin’ ride at Disney World? Part of the ride incorporates this orange grove scent that I adore. That is by far my favorite smell!

HC: So, a little birdy told me you have three roommates. Who’s your favorite?

HH: You would put this question on here! They’re all pretty great, but really you’re my favorite. Just don’t tell the others.

headstrong // heartfelt // happyA current sophomore at Florida State, Jamie finds joy in the idiosyncrasies of daily life. She loves perfectly-made cups of Cuban coffee, silly cat videos, and exploring quirky places in Tallahassee and in her native Tampa. Jamie is double majoring in Family/Child Sciences and Spanish and loves to discuss mental health, relationships, and adventures. Follow her on Instagram @jamiesierraa.xoxo
Her Campus at Florida State University.