Hannah Edelman Meets Ed Sheeran, Discusses Sorority Life and More

Name: Hannah Edelman   

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications and Media Studies

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Relationship Status: Currently waiting for Harry Styles to hit me with that follow back on Twitter

Her Campus (HC): So, it’s quite known that you love dogs. Is there a reason behind this?

Hannah Edelman (HE): I have always had terrible anxiety, and for some reason dogs have helped me cope with this anxiety. Dogs have an incredible talent at interpreting a person’s tone of voice, body language and gestures. Because of this, they are able to, in a way, sense how you are feeling – which in my case is usually anxious. They are just so comforting and never fail to put a smile on my face.

HC: So why are pugs you’re favorite dog?

HE: Why pugs? Why NOT pugs? They are so chubby and sound like little piglets when they breathe! There is nothing to dislike about pugs.

HC: When did your love for dogs begin?

HE: When I was nine years old, I first found out that I had an anxiety disorder (it’s a real thing. Look it up, yo). This same year, my parents surprised my siblings and me with the most adorable Labradoodle puppy. Her name is Dakota. We welcomed Dakota lovingly into our lives, and I could always tell that she could sense when I felt anxious, because she would be by my side the entire time. She has continuously helped me cope, and I couldn’t love her more for that.

mso-hansi-font-family:”Arial Unicode MS”;mso-bidi-font-family:”Arial Unicode MS””>

HC: Besides loving dogs, what extracurricular activities are you part of?

HE: I am in the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority, I am a member of the American Marketing Association and a member of Habitat for Humanity. I am also participating in Dance Marathon and Relay for Life.

HC: Are you excited to participate in Dance Marathon this year?

HE: I am extremely excited to participate in Dance Marathon this year. I am excited to raise money for the kids. I have always worked with children – it is just something I thoroughly love doing. I am also extremely excited to break out my Taylor Swift inspired dance moves.

HC: What is your greatest accomplishment?

HE: Meeting Ed Sheeran. Twice. No, but seriously, the greatest thing that I have accomplished in my entire nineteen years is building a house in a developing village in Costa Rica with Habitat for Humanity. Like, I built it from start to finish. It was awesome.

HC: Wait, back up. You met Ed Sheeran? Twice?

HE: Yup! I met him at a concert in New York during the summer of 2014 and about a month ago at his concert in Miami – both were incredible experiences.

HC: Although I presume Ed Sheeran, who do you consider to be your favorite musical artist?

HE: Yes, Ed Sheeran is one of them. But I also love Taylor Swift. Both artists have such creative and meaningful lyrics.

HC: How do you like being in your sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi?

HE: AOPI! MY SISTER FRIENDS! I just joined this amazing sorority this year. I wasn’t expecting to ever join one – it just didn’t seem like it was for me. But joining this incredible sisterhood was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The girls in this sorority truly do reflect the values that I uphold. Everyone is so genuine, loving and caring. You always hear people say, “One of my best friends in in AOPI! She is the sweetest person ever,” or “This girl in my class is in AOPI and is so amazing!” – And, let me be the first to say that this is 100 percent true. I have not encountered a single girl in my sisterhood that hasn’t been genuine and kind-hearted. I am so thankful and proud to be part of AOPI.

HC: What is your favorite restaurant in Tallahassee?

HE: Bada Bean! My friends and I practically live there on the weekend to discuss the happenings from the night before while devouring the to-die-for cinnamon roll pancakes and garden skillets.  

HC: Describe your dream boy.

HE: Does said boy have Ed Sheeran’s voice? Does said boy also look like Andrew Garfield or Harry Styles? If not, please carry on bud.

Senior at the beautiful Florida State University. Creative writing major, entrepreneurship minor. Health enthusiast. Rap music aficionado. Find me (on my cheat days) at Yogurt Mountain rapping Migos.
Her Campus at Florida State University.