Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir Are Finally Tying the Knot

Followers of pop culture, especially rap fans, will finally get to see the long-awaited wedding between Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir. They don’t just get to see the pictures; they get to watch it live on BET. The wedding, titled, The Mane Event, is scheduled to premiere on Oct. 17. It will take place in Miami, Fla., and fans can expect nothing less than the most over-the-top wedding imaginable. 

Courtesy: Billboard

It’s hard to determine who lives the more extra lifestyle: Keyshia or Gucci. While Gucci may be famous for his music, Keyshia has her own completely unique brand. She originally claimed her fame as a model and a dancer in music videos for artists like Lil’ Wayne, Drake, 2 Chainz, Gucci Mane, and others. Sound coincidental that she played a role in a Gucci video? That’s actually how the couple met! In fact, Gucci had heard about Keyshia, and requested to have her in his, “911 Emergency” video. According to Gucci, it was love at first sight: he just had to have this woman! Today, Keyshia focuses her energy toward her own line of cosmetics and clothing that she developed. Keyshia is the definition of a girl boss!

Sadly, some can’t help but wonder: Is this just another wedding that is solely for publicity? Will it barely last three months (@ Kim K.)? It’s unfortunate that we live in a society that is not at all surprised when famous couples marry and soon divorce. It’s like we have come to expect the worst. However, Gucci and Keyshia may be proving us wrong. The couple has actually been through a lot together, and it is easy to see that their love and commitment for each other is genuine.

Courtesy: The Boombox

Not every woman can say she would stay with a man through his federal prison sentence. Keyshia not only remained in a relationship with Gucci while he was behind bars, but she played an active role in his everyday life. The two communicated several times a day and even completed routine activities at the same time to make them feel more involved in each other’s lives. Once he was released, the couple got back on their grind at their home in Atlanta. Gucci remained under house arrest after his release, but the couple continued to make the most of that as well!

These two lovebirds clearly seem to have what it takes to face the challenges that marriage might bring them. We wish Gucci and Keyshia a beautiful wedding, successful careers, and a joyous marriage. Who knows, maybe we’ll even see kids soon!

Florida State University junior, just winging it.
Her Campus at Florida State University.