The earth is what we all have in common despite some concepts like ethnicity, culture, race, sexuality and gender that could separate us from one another. Despite our differences, if we come together as a team we can protect our planet’s current global warming. As a tribute to keeping our world staying healthy, we need progression. If we want something to change, we cannot be doing the same old thing and expecting results. George Bernard Shaw once said, “Progression is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” No one person can accomplish everything, but someone can do something, and that someone can start with you.

Courtesy: Polar Bears International

Scientists have looked into the main cause of global warming and it leads to the human expansion of the “greenhouse effect.” This is the result when the atmosphere traps heat radiating from Earth toward space. When those gasses are trapped they do not respond normally to changes in temperature causing climate changes we hear about all over the news. On Earth, we humans are changing the natural greenhouse. We have been looking at what is best for ourselves, what we can get out of a situation, instead of what we could be doing for others and for our planet. Over the last century, the burning of fossil fuels like coal has increased atmospheric carbon dioxide, also called CO2.  Many might not have known that our industry, and other human activities such as clearing land for agriculture, would increase concentrations of greenhouse gases.  Earth will become warmer killing those animals and trees native to their climate. Our planet, animals and nature are under serious damage, but being knowledgeable about climate changes can help us help eliminate the “greenhouse effect.” 

With warmer conditions, it will lead to more evaporation and some dry areas becoming unexpectedly wetter.  This is the small picture, but let us look at the big picture. When the greenhouse effect grows stronger it’s like a disease killing the host from the inside out slowly.  In more depth, our oceans will become steaming hot melting the glaciers while increasing sea level.  Life revolves around other living things. It all is one big puzzle, and if one of the pieces is missing, the puzzle is no longer whole.  Other crops and plants may respond to the increased carbon dioxide needing more water than normal. 

Courtesy: University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS)

Life on Earth is not forever young. Just like a baby needs its mother for comfort, food and protection, our planet needs our help to survive too.  Earth depends on energy from the sun and the light passes through all of the oxygen and clouds where it is absorbing 90% of the radiated heat by the greenhouse gases and it is coming to our surface. John Paul wrote, “We can no longer say we love the land and take steps to destroy it for our future generations.” It is our time to give back to the infinite beauty nature gives to us.

At 21 years old, with a major in Editing, Writing, and Media. She is aspiring to become a columnist for magazines while empowering women with her writing. She loves working out and eating healthy. HC writer for The Florida State University. Follow her on instagram @ _sammyminns_
Her Campus at Florida State University.