Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer Announce Stadium Tour in 2020

Fans of alternative rock got a surprise this week. Alternative legends, Weezer, Fall Out Boy and Green Day announced on Tuesday, Sep. 10 that they will be joining forces for a “Hella Mega Tour” in 2020 with concert dates and locations already set. Reminiscent of the Monsters of Rock Music Festival of the 80s and 90s, the bands will be playing together at famous parks and stadiums all over the U.S. and Europe. The first leg of the tour begins in Europe in June and then heads to the U.S. in late July. Tickets go on sale Sep. 20.

Courtesy: FMQB

Fall Out Boy’s (FOB) last album, Mania was released in Jan. 2018, and they just announced a new greatest hits album titled Greatest Hits: Believers Never Die-Volume 2, set to release in November. FOB also dropped a new single featuring Wyclef Jean titled “Dear Future Self (Hands Up),” accompanied by a music video featuring a colorful array of melting ice cream shots, along with the band eating their own sprinkles-topped ice cream.

Courtesy: Hidden Jams

After years of anticipation since their last album release, Revolution Radio, Green Day is releasing Father of All… in Feb. 2020. A graphic novel is also set to come out based on their single, “Last of the American Girls,” in October. Rolling Stone magazine held an interview with Green Day detailing their new upcoming album. Billie Joe Armstrong explained the direction they wanted to go with for this new album, stating, “I’d always loved British mod music from the sixties, but I wanted to go where the source was and see if I could put soul through the Green Day filter.” From this, it is assumed that the new album will have a heavy influence from soul music and early rock.

Courtesy: StudyBreaks

Weezer has been churning out new content left and right as well. They released their thirteenth album, Teal Album, this past January, which featured all covered songs from different bands, inspired by the success of their cover of “Toto” by Africa. They will also be releasing a new album in May. 2020 titled Van Weezer. A new single from Van Weezer, “The End of the Game,” was released along with the tour announcement.

Once the tour was announced, the promo material started flooding in with an Anchorman inspired Green Day video, as well as performances by all three bands in Los Angeles at the Whisky A Go Go nightclub to preview this upcoming summer. Additionally, each band has performed their new songs on Jimmy Kimmel Live to show fans what the tour has in store for them. There will be two tour dates in Florida, one in Miami at the Hard Rock Stadium on Aug. 5, 2020, and one in Jacksonville at TIAA Bank Field on Aug. 6, 2020. Be sure to get your tickets this month so you don’t miss out on the Hella Mega Tour this summer.

Literature major at FSU. Lover of Pinterest, books, a good cup of tea, and Disney.
Her Campus at Florida State University.