woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

The Graduation Countdown Begins

It’s the beginning of the end for the Class of 2015. This past Tuesday, the Senior Class Council (SrCC) announced their 100 Day Countdown Fair, providing information about what to expect in the weeks leading up to graduation. According to Senior Class President Haylie Collins, “[We] hosted this event so that we could prepare the seniors for graduation. The Senior Class Council wants to provide as many resources as possible to make sure graduation is a smooth transition for everyone,” she explains. “It’s easy to forget the small things that need to be done before we graduate.”

The fair took place on Union Green, featuring tables and information from several campus organization partners including the Alumni Association, the Career Center, FSUPD, The FSU Credit Union, the Bookstore, and the Graduate School. Students from all over campus attended the event including Finance major senior Katrina Pitt. “It was a great collection of resources for college seniors and I think it was good exposure for all the reminders of things we need to do before graduation quickly approaches,” she said.  

Later this semester, the SrCC will host the final celebration for the Class of 2015, otherwise known as Senior Week. During the week of April 20th, the week before finals and graduation, there will be a new event everyday. This begins with the President’s Toast at President Thrasher’s house and ends with free pictures for seniors on Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium. “We hope to have a great turnout at each of these events and will definitely be sharing more information as the week approaches,” says Collins.

In the mean time, seniors can look forward to enjoying their last weeks at FSU. For some, it’s mostly a time for celebration. For Pitt, the fair helped put things into perspective. She states, “I honestly can’t believe graduation is only 100 days away! These past four years have been so awesome and I’m so grateful for all the opportunities I was given at Florida State. I’m sad to be leaving this university in 100 days time. However, I’ll be starting my new chapter as a college grad and I’m excited for that!”

For more information about the 100 Day Countdown and the commencement ceremonies this spring click here.

Jazmyn is an enthusiast of books, thrifting, Netflix, and music. She is a Senior majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media and has a lot of #goals including to be Beyonce'.
Editor-in-Chief, Her Campus FSU // Follow me @rachelepstein_