Governor’s Square Mall Expanding

Tallahassee is transforming before our eyes, and it seems to be for the better. Well, maybe it’s not the best for our credit cards or our minimal bank accounts, but we are all seriously excited to see Governor’s Square Mall expanding at last. It has been said that H&M, a fashionable and affordable clothing retailer, will open in summer 2014.  The store is reported to spread across 31,000 square feet, and just in case you didn’t understand…yes, that means 31,000 square feet filled with clothes for ladies, men, and kids. That’s a lot of clothes.

Here are four reasons why you should be excited that H&M is coming to town:

1.     Affordable Fashion

Let’s be honest. Most of us are on a budget, and the majority of that budget is used to buy food and to go out and socialize. However, we must look absolutely fabulous when we go out, right? Duh! Well, H&M has you covered. They offer a variety of styles including grunge, chic, sporty, and professional, and these styles are offered to people of various shapes and sizes at the lowest price possible. Most pieces are $40.00 or under.

2.     Business Apparel

We’re in college, so it’s time to grow up. That means we need to network, search for internships, and eventually look for a full-time job. That’s a scary thought, huh? H&M can at least take away some of the stress involved with growing up. They sell professional wear that is considered very stylish; therefore, while it is still considered “professional wear,” you don’t have to worry about not looking your age.

3.     Quality Merchandise

H&M’s business concept states that they are “fashion and quality at the best price.” The talk and assurance of quality is present from the beginning of an idea to the final product, and H&M aims to please their customers by exceeding their expectations for quality. They define quality as a combination of function, durability, and safety. To make sure this definition of quality rings true, H&M and their suppliers participate in more than 500,000 laboratory tests each year. Its obvious that you can’t go wrong at H&M!

4.     Job Openings

H&M coming to town is creating more jobs to fuel our shrinking college kid bank accounts. If you are a part of the Florida State University Jobs and Internships Facebook group, then you know students are always looking for jobs, or at least a way to make some extra cash. H&M is a new chance! The competition is sure to be fierce, but I know that all of you interested are more than fierce enough.

H&M isn’t the only new addition coming to Governor’s Square Mall. It is reported that PINK Victoria’s Secret will be moving into its own space.

It is not known when PINK will officially be up and running, but separating the two stores is a great idea because more space equals more merchandise, both for PINK and Victoria’s Secret. So, not only will you have more undergarment and comfortable clothes options, but you will have more swimsuit options come summer!

When the time comes, you can find out more about the PINK opening on UrbanTallahassee’s Facebook page. Their page is the spot where you read all about the development of Tallahassee. The city just keeps getting bigger and better so you might want to get your wallets ready!

Her Campus at Florida State University.