Gabrielle Belloit: The Girl on Fire

Here at Florida State University, we have a lot of celebrities. From award-winning professors to all-star athletes, sometimes the “average” student is overlooked. But here at Florida State University, the students are anything but average. Gabrielle Belloit is a shining example of that. Gabby is a senior Editing, Writing & Media and Media Communications double major, minoring in Spanish and French — both of which she is fluent in. It may sound like a lot already, but that’s just what she’s getting her degree in.

This past school year alone Gabby accomplished more than some students will in their four years at a university. As a sophomore in September 2012, she became a part of the Seminole Student Booster’s Leadership Council where she helped recruit and manage memberships for organizations across Florida State’s campus. The following January she became a Student Disabilities Resource Union Ambassador, which provided her with the opportunity to mentor students with disabilities and guide them towards a prosperous academic career.

In April of 2013, Gabby joined the Garnet and Gold Guides, which is a group of students selected by Florida State’s Department of Athletics who host recruits for FSU’s football program during home games and recruitment weekends. In regards to community service, Gabby became a first year Morale Captain for Dance Marathon — and yes, she is a Morale Captain again this year. This school year, if you can believe it, Gabby added to her already hectic schedule. She was elected to be a part of the Junior Class Council as well as the Ignite Party’s Panhellenic Delegate in which she has the responsibilities of directing public relations within the Greek community on behalf of Florida State’s Student Government Association (SGA).

She is currently interning at Florida State’s International Programs as their social media manager. Gabby is also a proud member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, serving as their current social chair and a part of their event committee. Upon graduating this coming December, Gabby plans on enrolling in both law and business school in the hopes of becoming a sports or entertainment agent. In the little free time that she has, Gabby enjoys working out, playing the piano, and making her social media followers laugh with anecdotes of her life.

Gabby truly cares about the Florida State community, her fellow Seminoles, and those in need who are not directly linked to FSU. She enjoys giving back through volunteer service such as Dance Marathon, which supports Children’s Miracle Network and helps children and families in need of medical service who cannot afford it. Along with all her KKG sisters, Gabby helps support Kappa Kappa Gamma’s philanthropy partner Reading is Fundamental, which stresses the importance of literacy in children and makes an effort through service and donations to make books available to all.

Gabby Belloit is the epitome of what a Florida State Seminole should be and is someone that students, professors, and administrators alike can admire and appreciate for all her hard work, excellence, and pride that she brings to this university.

Kelsey is a junior here at Florida State majoring in Creative Writing and double minoring in Psychology and Spanish. Kelsey hopes to graduate in December 2015 and move to Spain to teach English for a few years while exploring the continent, eating lots of yummy food, and maybe learning how to be a better dancer. After Spain she hopes to return to the US of A and get a job in publishing while she works on her novels and short stories. In her free time Kelsey enjoys reading, taking naps, watching Netflix, and exploring places she's never been. She has an odd fascination with serial killer documentaries and aquariums. She loves all things Jane Austen, even her pet fish is named after the famous Pride and Prejudice hero, Mr. Darcy. If not found in her room writing or napping, you can find Kelsey holding the nearest cute baby or wandering the aisles of Barnes and Noble.
Her Campus at Florida State University.