Fun Flats for Fall: The Trend that Keeps on Trending

Well collegiettes, summer is officially over.  Like it or not (cold weather makes me cringe), Florida’s version of warm weather days are certainly numbered.  Unfortunately, weather is a part of life and the only thing us gals can do is update our wardrobe in accordance with the temperature drop. With the shift from shorts and tanks to pants, leggings, and scarves comes a change in our footwear. A good pair of flats can always be handy when the sandal-wearing days are behind us.  Here are a few versatile pairs that fellow collegiettes have been spotted in this season:

Getting down to business: These fabulous flats put a new spin on a classic style.  The soft brown leather goes with anything and the peep-toe and embellishment give them a little flair. For about $20 at Target, these shoes are a bangin’ bargain.

In the nude: Get back to the basics in these simple but stylish flats.  For a measly $16.99 at Target, you can’t go wrong with this closet staple.  Wear with a bright, snazzy outfit to simmer down a chic look.

A striking splurge: While they don’t come cheap ($225, oh my!), Tory Burch flats are a coveted, yet justified purchase.  While there are many colors to choose from, the basic black Tory’s can dress up any outfit and add a splash of sophistication.

But wait! If Tory Burch just isn’t in your budget, these Michael Kors flats have a similar look and are over $100 cheaper! (MICHAEL Michael Kors Fulton Quilted Ballet Flats $110, Dillards)

Super school spirit: Comfortable and colorful, Toms are a favorite among college girls everywhere.  There is an incredible amount to choose from on their website (www.toms.com), and this patriotic garnet and gold pair was spotted on campus. For $48, these shoes are a great buy for a casual pair of flats.

Lauren Burkett is an alumna of Florida State University, where she studied Editing, Writing and Media.  Since graduating in 2014, she has worked in marketing, as a flight attendant and now works in the oil and gas industry.  She was the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus FSU during her time there, and is ecstatic to continue her involvement with the organization as a Chapter Advisor.  Lauren now lives in Denver, Colorado and enjoys being outside, reading and journaling in her free time.   
Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."