FSU’s SLC To Host a Leonardo DiCaprio Film Week

Courtesy: Pinterest

FSU’s Student Life Cinema will be hosting a Leonardo DiCaprio inspired film festival starting on Mon., April 10.

Everyone loves the charming DiCaprio, but if you are not already a fan, surely the SLC can change your mind. The festival starts with the screening of Titanic at 7:30 PM.

Known as Leo’s breakout role, Titanic (1997) follows his adventures with Rose, played by Kate Winslet. The film shows the duo as they partake in their voyage on the Titanic ship in 1912. Full of romance and drama, this movie showcases a young Leonardo as “the king of the world.”

Courtesy: Giphy

On Tuesday, April 11, the SLC will be showing The Aviator (2004) at 7:30 PM. The film follows Howard Hughes (DiCaprio) as a successful Hollywood director, charmer and an aviation pioneer. The SLC describes the film as, “follow[ing] Hughes through his different aspirations in film and aviation.”

Catch Me If You Can (2002) will be featured on Wednesday the 12th. DiCaprio portrays the true story of Frank Abagnale Jr, a successful con artist. Abagnale had been a doctor, lawyer and a co-pilot, all before he turned 19. Now, he is the most sought after criminal by the FBI. Catch Me If You Can is a thrilling tale of Abagnale’s schemes and his adventures to avoid being caught.

Courtesy: IMDB

Shutter Island (2010) is being screened on Wednesday the 12th at 10:15, following the earlier 7 PM showing of Catch Me If You Can. The movie features DiCaprio (of course) and Mark Ruffalo as U.S Marshals heading toward Shutter Island; Shutter Island hosts the mentally ill and the criminally insane. The movie follows the U.S Marshals as they look into the stories of Shutter Island, and the recent disappearance of one of its inhabitants.

Courtesy: Wikipedia

Inception (2010) will be screened on Friday, April 14.  The film, directed by Christopher Nolan (director of several Batman films), is one of DiCaprio’s most praised appearances. The film follows DiCaprio portraying Dom Cobb who has the ability to actually enter people’s dreams and thoughts and look into their subconscious.

This is the last film of the Leo Film Festival at the SLC.

And for those of you who cannot get enough of a Leonardo DiCaprio fix through his films, then you are in luck. The Student Life Cinema will also be hosting a trivia night on Saturday the 15th. The trivia night will be held at the Cyber Café. Contestants will be tested on their knowledge of several of DiCaprio’s films, including What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Inception and The Revenant.

Alejandra is a Junior at Florida State University double majoring in Media Communication Studies and Editing, Writing, and Media. Upon graduating from FSU she aspires to become a screenwriter.
Her Campus at Florida State University.