FSU Homecoming 2013: The 5 Events You Want to Attend

It’s the most exciting time of the year – Homecoming Week! The one week a year where you get to come together with over 40,000 of your fellow students and alumni to celebrate all the things you love about Florida State University.

Homecoming Week has long been a part of FSU tradition, and I’m thinking this year might just be its best one yet. This year’s theme, “A Legendary Spirit,” fits perfectly as 2013 marks both the 20th anniversary of Florida State’s 1993 National Championship football title (woo-hoo!), and the long awaited return of former head football coach Bobby Bowden.

Since there are so many fun events going on throughout the week, here’s a quick look at the ones you don’t want to miss:

1. Warchant Concert featuring Florida Georgia Line – Sunday (11/10)

In case you didn’t already know, Florida Georgia Line is headlining at this year’s Warchant concert! (Yes, I’m as excited as you are!) What’s even more exciting is one of the singers of the country pop duo is a former FSU baseball player! Brian Kelley, pictured to the left above, is making his way back to Tallahassee to perform for us as a kickoff event to Homecoming. Unlike years in the past, the concert will be held at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center instead of Langford Green. Get there early and be sure to bring your valid student ID for free entry. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m.

2. Spear-It Night Talent Competition – Tuesday (11/12)

Spear-It Night is a fun opportunity to get together and watch in awe at the talents of your fellow FSU students! There are numerous students and organizations that participate in this event to showcase their special abilities. They are a lot of fun and actually quite impressive. Last year’s winning performance was an exciting singing and dancing musical number. Want to know what will happen this year? Find out by going to the Union Ballrooms at 7 p.m!