Everyone’s least favorite week of the semester is now upon us: finals week. Whether you’re an English major with five papers due in one week, a STEM major with a million exams on one day or anything in between, this week is one of the hardest and most mentally draining weeks of the semester. Many spend weeks preparing for the exams or writing the papers and struggle to find the time to unwind during this time. If you’re anything like me, the week after finals is filled with movies, sleeping in and lots and lots of baked goods. Here are four movies to watch once you hit submit on that last final!

1. He’s Just Not That into You (2009)

Starring Jennifer Anniston, Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore, Bradley Cooper, Scarlett Johansson and many others, “He’s Just Not That into You” is a lighthearted rom-com that follows nine people’s romantic lives and how they intertwine with each other. Gigi is extremely relatable as she can never truly understand what is going wrong in her romantic life. The movie explores affairs, marriage and what it truly means to be in love with someone through the good and the bad. “He’s Just Not That into You is a definite must-watch if you love a good rom-com!

You can watch “He’s Just Not That into You” on Netflix!

2. Parasite (2019)

As the first foreign and non-English film to win the esteemed Best Picture award at the 92nd Academy Awards, “Parasite” is a must-watch for all thriller lovers. Directed by Bong Joon-ho, the South Korean thriller tackles topics like greed and class discrimination in an amazing plot sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. The film follows the Kim family, a poor family struggling to make ends meet, who intends to infiltrate a rich family, the Parks, by working for the family. If you love thrillers with a message, make sure to check out this Oscar winner!

You can watch “Parasite” on Hulu!

3. Jonas Brothers: Chasing Happiness (2019)

I grew up loving the Jonas Brothers with every ounce of my soul. I vividly remember the Joe Jonas poster hanging up next to my bed and the constant “Burnin’ Up” dance parties with my cousin. When the band broke up in 2013, I was devastated. “Chasing Happiness” is a documentary that follows the rise and fall of the band, and how they came together again six years later in 2019. This is also the perfect time to watch it as a sequel, “Happiness Continues”, was just released on Apr. 24!

You can watch “Jonas Brothers: Chasing Happiness” on Prime Video!

4. Frozen II (2019)

This is definitely not an unpopular opinion, but sequels usually suck. In most cases, the original movies are the star, and every movie that comes after never lives up to the first. However, that is not the case for “Frozen II”. In my opinion, “Frozen II” is exponentially better than “Frozen.” This sequel follows Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff and Sven as they travel to an enchanted forest on an adventure to understand Elsa’s powers and how they came to be. The story is hilarious and emotional and heartwarming and everything in between. In fact, I have already watched this movie six times and will most definitely watch it many more.

You can watch “Frozen II” on Disney+!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Melissa Kuntzman is a senior double majoring in Editing, Writing and the Media and Political Science. When she's not reading for class, you can find her binge-watching Korean dramas or perfecting her homemade Mac & Cheese recipe.
Her Campus at Florida State University.