clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Florida State’s Bucket List: 10 Things To Do Before You Graduate

1. See the circus

The FSU “Flying High” Circus is one of only two collegiate circuses in the United States. Completely run by students, student performers are responsible for everything from rigging their own equipment, to sewing their own costumes, to setting up the Big Top tent on campus. The FSU circus is truly one of FSU’s most unique attractions!

2. Bowl a game at Crenshaw Lanes

Located right inside the Union, Crenshaw Lanes is a great place to hang out, play pool, and grab a cheap game of bowling with your friends. The best part is not a lot of people know about it or take advantage of it at all – so it’s never too busy to get a lane. For rates and specials, visit http://union.fsu.edu/crenshaw/rates-and-reservations/.

3. Make a day trip to Thomasville, Georgia

Spend an afternoon exploring the quaint little town of Thomasville, GA. Just a 30-minute drive from Tallahassee, downtown Thomasville is a shopper’s dream-come-true with dozens of cute boutiques and restaurants. I highly recommend checking out Jonah’s Fish and Grits for lunch!

4. Attend an FSU dance/theatre performance

FSU boasts both an impressive school of dance and theatre program that are consistently recognized as the finest of their kind in the nation. They each put on a diverse array of productions throughout the year available to FSU students. Don’t miss the opportunity to see some of your highly talented fellow students perform while you have the chance!  

5. Visit the Rez

The “Rez,” or FSU Reservation, is located about four miles from FSU’s main campus on beautiful Lake Bradford. Here you can enjoy a day of canoeing, kayaking, sand volleyball, disc golf, and a 40-foot climbing wall, all for free with your valid FSUCard!

6. See a movie at the ASLC

The Askew Student Life Center features movies up to six nights a week ranging from Hollywood blockbusters to foreign, independent, and documentary favorites. Instead of spending an unreasonable amount of money at the movie theatre, just go to the ASLC for free flicks.

7. Tour the Capitol

As our school is located in the capital city of the state, there are so many educational and cultural activities available right at our fingertips. The Florida State Capitol is one place you can’t leave Tallahassee without taking a tour of!

8. Float down Bear Paw

About an hour away from Tallahassee in Marianna, FL is another popular FSU destination – Bear Paw Escape! For $15-20, you can rent a tube that takes you three to four hours down the Chipola River. The ultimate lazy river; this is the perfect weekend adventure. 

9.  Visit the Tallahassee Downtown Market

Nearly every Saturday morning in March through November, downtown Tallahassee transforms into a thriving marketplace with area artists, farmers, crafters, and musicians. The market boasts one-of-a-kind paintings and hand-made jewelry as well as locally grown produce and fresh flowers. 

10. Take a picture with the Garnet and Gold Guys

At every home game, two Florida State individuals cover their bodies with paint and glitter to go all out showing their school pride! What started out as a one-time thing, turned into a tradition that has carried on throughout the years. Make sure to snag a picture with these guys before you leave!

Kayla is a senior at Florida State University. She is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Business and Hospitality Management. Apart from taking courses and writing for Her Campus, Kayla enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and discovering the best places around town. She hopes to work in the Hospitality PR industry after she graduates in May.   
Her Campus at Florida State University.