Florida Georgia Line Set to “Dig Their Roots” in Tallahassee

Flashback to 2012 when you would get into your car, roll your windows down and cruise to Florida Georgia Line’s breakout hit. It seemed like no matter where you were, what time of the day it was, or what station you had on the radio that you were 100 percent going to be jamming out to “Cruise” at some point.

Well now, Florida State students have the chance to hear that song in person by joining Florida Georgia Line this Friday, January 27, to help kick off their 2017 Dig Your Roots Tour in Tallahassee at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center! Tickets are currently on sale and can be purchased here or you can call the Civic Center at 850-644-7469.

Courtesy: KC Studio

“Cruise” was the band’s first single, which ended up being the first country single that ever sold over 10 million copies, launching them to where they are now. Brain Kelley and Tyler Hubbard, the duo that makes up Florida Georgia Line (and are quite easy on the eyes) have since then taken the country music industry by storm. They have sold out nationwide tours and have consistently debuted albums high up on the Billboard charts. Some of their most popular hits include, “Stay,” “‘Round Here,” “This Is How We Roll” and “Get Your Shine On.”

With releasing their fourth studio album “Dig Your Roots” this past August, FGL has discovered now more than ever before that they have grown with their fan base, putting out new content that is still them, but reflects their current experiences. In an interview for their website, they talk about how much they plan on letting their fans into their life through their music:

“We’re reaching a point in life where all that is kind of beginning, and it’s fun to let our fans in on that. … Tyler and I are in the best place we’ve ever been — spiritually, mentally, our friendship — people are going to get to know us even more, and that was the goal. It’s a crazy world we’re living in, but hopefully our music will bring some healing and some joy — and we know it’s going to bring some good times.”

They also touched on the potential of their latest album:

“I think music’s powerful and it can do a lot of things,” says Hubbard. “It can entertain, but it can also heal and create emotions that only music can create. I think with our album, it’s got potential to do a lot of things — make people laugh, make people cry and make people want to party.”

Joining them on tour is Dustin Lynch and Chris Lane, who have current hits on the radio such as “Seein’ Red” and “For Her.” FGL sold 1.5 million tickets on their last tour, so you already know that big things will be happening this time around! You definitely do not want to miss out. So grab those country boots out of your closet, put on a flannel and come out to the Civic Center on Friday night to watch Florida Georgia Line perform some of their greatest country-pop-rock fused songs!

Her Campus at Florida State University.