An FSU Student’s Guide To Affordable Valentine’s Day Gifts

It takes talent to ball on a budget in college, especially when there are holidays throughout the semester. Here is the college student’s guide to affordable Valentine’s Day gifts for a partner or your best “Galentines,” specifically for students at Florida State University (FSU).

Candy/study snacks

Has there ever been a college student who doesn’t love snacks or candy for studying or walking between classes?  I wouldn’t say so. There’s plenty of affordable Valentine’s Day candy or snacks at Publix, Target and Walmart. It does not even have to be super creative; all you need to do is find a small box or bag to neatly deliver the snacks in.

Dunkin’ Donuts’ heart-shaped donuts

Every year, I smell the sweet brownie batter filling wrapped up in soft donut dough as Dunkin’ Donuts rolls out their Valentine’s Day donuts. These yummy treats are a simple yet thoughtful idea for a day-of gift. Call Dunkin’ Donuts ahead of time to ensure there are some in stock at that store though!

Florida State University merchandise

At the FSU Bookstore, Bill’s Bookstore and on Amazon, there are relatively inexpensive FSU gifts and merchandise. Grab up a small piece of wall decor, a T-shirt or a fun pair of FSU socks for your partner or FSU bestie.

fsu school of theater or local theater tickets

The best gifts are those that you get to share with the recipient. At the FSU School of Theater, they are putting on Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella Feb. 18 to Feb. 27. Student tickets are only $10 each. Also, there are many local theaters in Tallahassee, like the Theatre Tallahassee just a 10-minute drive from campus. Coming up, the Theatre Tallahassee will be showing Neil Simon’s Plaza Suite; tickets start at just $12.

paint-a-pot date

The Paint-A-Pot at the Askew Student Life Center is a great on-campus gift or date idea. They are open Monday through Saturday and pottery starts at as little as $2! There is no need to break the bank for a fun, creative activity and you do not even have to travel far for it. The best part is that the pottery is fired and ready for pick up in just a few days. These pottery pieces are amazing decor for any dorm or apartment.

valentine’s squishmallows

This year, there are a bunch of Valentine’s Day Squishmallows to choose from. Whether you are looking for Cherish the Elephant or Mark the Monkey, there are cute Squishmallows at Target, Walmart or Walgreens ready for Valentine’s Day. There are different size and price options, ranging anywhere from $5 to $65 depending on how much you want to spend.

initial necklace

A trendy piece of jewelry that any jewelry-wearer would love is a necklace with either your or their first initial on it. Some like to wear their own initial, while others might want to wear their partner’s initial around their neck. These necklaces can be found on Amazon, Etsy, Target or Walmart for anywhere from $5 to $20. They come in silver or gold depending on preferences; some even come as a single or stacked chain as well.

movie night kit

Target added the CandyRific Valentine’s Day M&M’s Movie Popcorn Bucket this year as a new gift for their collection. At just $9, these are perfect for a night in with your partner or for a Galentine’s Day movie night.

fuzzy blanket or pillow

Target rolls out a line of $10 fluffy blankets and pillows for many holidays, which are perfect for partners or friends to snuggle up with. There are so many fun patterns, from pink, red and purple hearts to the word “LOVE” and hearts dancing across the blankets. The pillows are perfect for naps between classes or sitting in bed finishing that last assignment.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Erin is a senior at FSU majoring in Criminology minoring in International Affairs. In addition to Her Campus, she is involved in Transfer Genius program, Leadership LOGIC, and studied abroad in Italy Fall 2022. Erin enjoys being spending time with friends, cooking, and catching up on reality television.