Style

Y2K Outfit Inspiration for Olivia Rodrigo’s ‘GUTS’ World Tour

Olivia Rodrigo’s world tour for her sophomore album GUTS has just started, and the artist’s costumes are already setting a high bar for fans to dress to impress for her show. It has recently become part of the concert experience to dress up and show out, as we saw for Beyonce’s Renaissance Tour and Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour. So, if you have a highly in-demand ticket to one of Rodrigo’s shows, it’s probably time to start planning out what you’re going to wear.

I find that outfit planning can get you excited and help you pass the time before the actual concert day. It’s super fun to dress on theme and match songs, lyrics, and even what Rodrigo wears on stage herself. So far, Rodrigo’s outfits, sets, and overall aesthetic have been giving big punk Y2K vibes

Color scheme

For the GUTS tour, wearing the color purple is a great option. This color is incorporated a lot throughout Rodrigo’s style and it’s the primary color featured on the album cover. You can spruce up any all-purple outfit by adding some big chunky silver jewelry and some butterfly clips in your hair, which Rodrigo frequently sports. 

Red is yet another signature color of this album, and Rodrigo has shown out in full red outfits as well as had small red accents in her outfits throughout the tour so far. It could be so cute to incorporate some red into your outfit as well. This can be in the form of a big red heart necklace, a cute top, or a red bra peeking out to match Rodrigo herself.

Accessories

Bows have become a wild fashion craze as of late with the rise of the coquette aesthetic. I think that bows would be a great idea to add to your outfit and definitely match Rodrigo’s vibe and past outfits. Add them to your hair or clothes. It’s really easy to DIY outfits with bows!

Another Olivia Rodrigo staple accessory is fishnet tights. Wear them under a skirt or on your arms!

Inspired by miss rodrigo

The outfit above would be perfect to wear to her concert. A cute butterfly top with jeans epitomizes the Y2K fashion style. These tops can easily be found online, and you can pair them with bottoms of your choice and cute accessories. 

Rodrigo is absolutely loving sparkles right now, and her tour outfits so far have been bedazzled to the high heavens. This means that sparkly anything is a good idea to wear for your concert outfit. Whether it’s a sparkly skirt, dress, or accent shoe, sparkles look great with everything and on everyone, in my opinion.

Whatever you choose to wear, make sure you’re comfortable and wear shoes you can dance and have fun in for hours. Rodrigo wears chunky shoes like Doc Martins, so you’ll be in good company if you choose those. At the end of the day, make sure to have fun and enjoy yourself! I’m wishing you a great concert! 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram,Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Simona Giverts is a staff writer for the Florida State University (FSU) Her Campus Team. As a staff writer, she writes articles every other week covering topics across campus, culture, and personal. Simona is currently majoring in Psychology with a minor in Criminology. She loves incorporating her educational background to better digest and dissect current pop culture news. When she isn't writing, you can find her watching old TV shows and movies, reading fantasy novels, or baking something sweet.