Five Reasons Why YOU Should be Pumped for Baseball Season

Friday, February 14th marks much more than Valentine’s Day for the Seminoles. This day is also the start of the 2014 FSU baseball season! Whether you love the game or don’t know the first thing about an RBI, here are five reasons you should get excited to hit up Dick Howser Stadium this semester.

5. A spring sport to look forward to!

Spring semester tends to be a little dull at times. With football season being over, a lot of ‘Noles have no idea what to do with their Saturdays anymore. Lucky for us, baseball season gives us a quick fix! With games going on at least twice a week, and almost every day of the weekend, we can most likely find any day that we’ve got free and head down to the beautiful Dick Howser Stadium on a cool afternoon to watch our boys dominate the field.

4. Baseball brings softball.

Image taken from www.seminoles.com

Looking to support our women’s sports? The Florida State softball team takes on their first game at home on Friday, February 14 as well! These ladies are in for a promising season. In fact, this season, eleven of their games are going to be aired on ESPN and their supporting channels! So make your way to JoAnn Graf Field, right next to the soccer field, and watch our ladies make their way to the top! You can find their schedule at www.seminoles.com.

3. Time to bring back game day outfits.

Time to break out all the garnet and gold dresses, t-shirts, pants, and face paint again. Showing off Seminole swag is one of the best parts about game day. Since the season starts in February and ends in the summer around April or May, you’re most likely to break out the majority of your Seminole gear throughout the season! Whether it’s a game day dress or an FSU sweatshirt, baseball season calls for all of the garnet and gold goodies we have waiting to be worn in our closets.

2. Our boy Jameis Winston is back in action!

Thought you couldn’t love our Heisman-winning quarterback more? Think again! Jameis Winston is doing it big again as a right-handed pitcher and outfielder! He’s already making his mark on the diamond by being one of three Seminole baseball players to make it to Baseball America’s Preseason All-American team. With Dick Howser being much smaller than Doak, you might even get a chance to see him up close.

1. The Florida State Seminole’s Baseball Team!

Image taken from www.seminoles.com

These boys are ready for action and are just as excited to see you on the field as you are to see them! The season has not even started yet, but the ‘Noles are already ranked 6th in the 2014 Baseball America’s Top 25 and 4th in the 2014 Perfect Game Top 25. Everyone’s rooting for them, so join the Seminole nation for what’s going to be an awesome season! And if you can’t follow the rules, these cuties should be enough to get you through the game. See you on the field! 

Junior at Florida State University. Double majoring in Media Production and Editing, Writing, and Media.
Her Campus at Florida State University.