Five New Albums That You Need to Listen to Right Now

If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly checking Spotify for new music. This week, there were a bunch of hot new albums, but these five truly stood out to me:

1. “Trip” by Jhene Aiko

Notorious R&B artist Jhene Aiko surprises fans with a brand new, 22- track album titled Trip. This album is a combination of sweet and sexy, graceful yet savage. Aiko draws you in with her sultry voice and jazzy, instrument heavy background music. Some of her guest features include Big Sean, Kurupt, Brandy, and Swae Lee from Rae Sremmurd. The album comes with a short film that features Aiko, who plays a character trying to find love after the death of her brother.

2. “Luv is Rage 2” by Lil Uzi Vert

Luv is Rage 2 is the debut studio album by newly famous rapper Lil Uzi Vert. After his hit single XO Tour Lif3, this album was highly anticipated by his fans. My personal favorite from the album is The Way Life Goes, which samples alternative group Oh Wonder’s Landslide. Featuring a total of 16 tracks, Lil Uzi Vert is topping the charts as #1 on Billboards top 200.

3. “Wonderful Wonderful” by The Killers

For all my rock lovers out there, your teenage dream band, The Killers, just released a brand-new album. Wonderful Wonderful is their fifth studio album after a five-year hiatus.  Lyrically, the album is about what it means to be a man as Flowers revealed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.

4. “All Things Work Together” by Lecrae

Now, don’t roll your eyes just yet. Even if you aren’t a Christian, you have to admit that Lecrae has revolutionized the concept of Christian music. Lecrae helped to explain the meaning of his album in a 2017 BUILD interview. “This album is a journey. On my journey, I encounter catastrophe and it was bad, but there is an awakening and the whole premise of this album is that there’s hope in the chaos and all things work together. Even though it’s not good to me, it’s good for me. God has this way of taking all of these negative ingredients, mixing them in a bowl, refining them under heat and it comes out as something amazing.”

5. “Double Duchess” by Fergie

Remember L.A Love? M.I.LF Money? All your favorite sexy pop hits are featured on Fergie’s new album, Double Dutchess. The album includes collaborations with YGNicki MinajRick Ross, and Fergie’s son Axl Jack. The visuals for the songs on the album were combined into one film titled Double Dutchess: Seeing Double.

Her Campus at Florida State University.