Style > Beauty

Five Fun Makeup Looks for Valentine’s Day

I LOVE makeup! I’m not exaggerating when I say I don’t think I could live without it. It has been a part of my life for many years: from exaggerated eyeshadow for dance recitals to terribly matched foundation in middle school to perfecting the “no-makeup-makeup-look” for college.

Doing my makeup before class is my favorite part of my morning routine. Not only does it cover the bags under my eyes, which are so iconic they’re practically Prada, but makeup allows me to express myself without words. To me, makeup is an art form, a medium of expression which uses the human face as a canvas. And what better day to show off your makeup skills than the day of love itself: Valentine’s Day.

So, prep your station, ready your brushes and pray to the makeup gods. Here are five eyeshadow looks to use for any Valentine’s Day situation.

The Simple Beauty

Eye makeup look
Mary Goldstein

This easy eyeshadow look is perfect for your daytime dates, your classes before hanging out with bae or for your daily routine if you’re single this Valentine’s Day.

Tip: Use your fave blush in your crease! Not only does it show off the iconic Valentine pink, but it complements your skin tone and adds a natural depth to your eyes.

The Class Act

Eye makeup look
Mary Goldstein

Going somewhere Valentine’s Day night? Use a smoky shadow combo with a fun glittery lid to spice things up at the dinner table.

Tip: Don’t be afraid of too much glitter! It’ll draw more attention to your face. It’ll have you and bae staring into each other’s eyes all night.

The War Paint

Eye makeup look
Mary Goldstein

We get it, love can suck sometimes. Like most things in this world, love is violent. So, if you’re mourning an ex this Valentine’s Day, slap your deepest red shade onto your lids and glare at every couple you see.

Tip: For a more intense effect, go ham on your inner corners. In no time, you’ll be living your Braveheart realness.

The Pride

Eye makeup look
Mary Goldstein

Since love is in the air, let’s remember that all love is valid! Whether you’re celebrating with your girlfriend or boyfriend or non-gendered significant other, this makeup look will show off how PROUD you are of your love.

Tip: Heterosexual people can wear this look too! Be an ally and wear your queer brothers and sisters’ colors with pride!

The All-Natural

Eye makeup look
Mary Goldstein

Not a fan of makeup? Not a problem! Rock your natural self this Valentine’s Day with a set of bare lids, if that’s what you’re feeling. You do you, boo!

Tip: Don’t let anyone shame you for not wearing makeup (or wearing too much makeup). Like I said before, your face is a canvas and you can express yourself how you wish.

These five looks are guaranteed to spice up your makeup for Valentine’s Day. Remember to stay beautiful, love yourself and SLAY this holiday!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Although I'm born and bred in Florida, my heart and my feet take me wherever I feel. That's what gave me such wonderful experiences as my journeys to New York City, my summer spent at the Blue Ridge Summer Institute in Sweet Briar Virginia, and even across the pond to the Netherlands and France. A writer at heart, I also foray into other artistic pursuits such as drawing, playing music, and singing (mostly in the shower.) When I'm not busy with classes, I'm often watching a good show on Netflix, or playing a game of Dungeons and Dragons with some other fellow nerds.
Her Campus at Florida State University.