The First Annual Tallahassee Coffee Festival

Attention all coffee lovers! On April 8, 2018, Madison Social will be running Tallahassee’s first ever coffee festival! The event is from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (the perfect time to enjoy that much needed morning coffee) and it will be held right off of South Adams Street, located at Happy Motoring. The festival features three of Tallahassee’s best coffee joints- Lucky Goat Coffee, Catalina Café, and RedEye Coffee-Midtown– coming together to bring the coffee aficionados of Tallahassee some classic drinks, as well as some unique brews.

This event is perfect for any type of coffee enthusiast, from the person who just wants a standard cup o’ joe, to the person who wants to try a wild new caffeine concoction. Each coffee shop is bringing their own six different coffee experiences to share with the community. Lucky Goat Coffee Company will be showcasing their Coffee Cocktail, which is perfect for that Sunday morning brunch, and Cold Brew Float, which is like a root beer float but instead of soda, contains their house-made cold brew. Catalina Café has their Steampunk Experience, which features coffee being brewed on their Alpha Dominche Steampunk machine and their Coffee Beer, which is partnered with Proof Brewing Company. RedEye Coffee is featuring their Affogato, which is a scoop of vanilla ice cream drowned in a shot of espresso and their signature Chai Tea Latte, perfect for all of you tea lovers and for those who might need a break from the caffeine overload.

Courtesy: Socially Loved

The event offers two types of ticket deals. There is the $25 ticket, which includes a nice hot cup of coffee upon arrival and ten experience tickets. Then there is the $30 ticket, which is only available until April 1st and includes the cup of coffee on arrival, ten experience tickets, plus a super cute commemorative Tallahassee Coffee Festival campfire style mug; however,  the mug is limited to the first three hundred tickets ONLY, so make sure you buy yours before they are gone.

The festival is also great for those who are experiencing that end of semester burn-out. The event will not only give you a physical kick with all the caffeine you’ll probably be consuming, but it is something fun and different to do with your friends if you feel like you are getting bored with the same old, same old. And afterward, there still is time to go out and eat brunch! Also, remember it’s important to support locally owned businesses, especially all the great ones we have in our community. Sor buy your tickets for the Tallahassee Coffee Festival, go down to the Happy Motoring, and experience a fun new take on Sunday brunch- and don’t forget to drink all the java you can get your hands on.

For more information go to the event’s Facebook page: Tallahassee Coffee Festival

To buy tickets: TallahasseeCoffeeFestival.com

Gaby is an FSU alumna who majored in Creative Writing and minored in Communications and Psychology. She also enjoys iced coffee, rose-scented candles, and short stories.
Her Campus at Florida State University.