We won’t be able to throw any large celebrations this year after finals because of quarantine, but don’t despair! There are plenty of ways to treat yourself after the stress of finals. Here are some things you can do to reward yourself for all your hard work:

1. Netflix

Netflix screen
Photo by Thibault Penin on Unsplash

We watch Netflix all the time. However, we normally have to stop or resist it a few weeks before finals. It’s the best feeling when you can indulge in your desire and watch whatever you want to watch. After your finals, watch a show or movie guilty free! You deserve it. Some popular shows include Tiger King, Elite and The Circle. Some popular movies include The Platform, Molly’s Game and What happened to Monday. Netflix has also just announced that Avatar: The Last Airbender will be added to Netflix U.S. on May 15. Escape back into your childhood or watch something new! Either way, you deserve some distraction after all of your focus.

2. A Spa Day

Spa day
Photo by Adrian Motroc on Unsplash

You could always treat yourself to a spa day. No, not at an actual spa. Those are closed right now. Make your own set up at home! Make yourself a bubble bath or use a bath bomb to create a nice place to relax. Turn off the lights, burn some candles and play some calming music. You could also put on a face mask while you chill in the tub and distress. Afterward, you could do a full body scrub and give yourself a manicure or a pedicure. Do anything that makes you renewed and refreshed! You are a new person after your finals. Say goodbye to the ball of stress you once were!

3. Make Some Sweet Treats

Baking tools
Photo by Calum Lewis on Unsplash

Many people have become bakers because of quarantine. Banana bread has become the staple baked good of quarantine. However, I haven’t been able to join the bandwagon because of studying. Maybe you are in the same boat or you have been baking away for a while. Either way, treat yourself with something you love! If you aren’t the best baker, you could get yourself a treat at the grocery store when you go to do your essential shopping. I can’t wait to indulge in a carrot cake after my last final. If you can’t celebrate with your friends, celebrate with the second-best thing!

4. Read a Good Book

grey book
Photo by David Lezcano on Unsplash

It’s hard sometimes to read during the semester. Normally, I could read a book in a day or two, but school prevents this. The break after finals is the perfect time to read that book you have been meaning to. Maybe you are like me and have a stack of unread books, but you continue to buy more. Well then, it’s time to take care of that pile and give those books a mind to live in. Even if you don’t like reading, you could try to find a genre that you do like to read! With some extra time after finals, it’s the perfect time to find new interests.

Quarantine is a disheartening time. You can’t see your friends or distant family and you’re stuck inside four walls. It’s important to take the time to treat yourself and keep your spirits up. I’m sure you did great on your finals, so it’s time to celebrate you and all your efforts!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Graciela is a senior at FSU currently majoring in behavioral neuroscience. She is striving to become a forensic pathologist after completing medical school in the future. She loves to read and watch movies in her free time!
Her Campus at Florida State University.