Fashion Hits & Misses from the 2018 SAG Awards

Award show season is back which means Hollywood’s finest celebs are out and about in their most daring and elegant apparel. The Screen Actors Guild Award show is no excuse for your favorite celebrities to play it safe on the red carpet. Here are some of the best-dressed celebs of the night, and the not-so-hot looks that we can’t get over. 

Hits:

Susan Kelechi Watson 

Courtesy: E! Online

The This Is Us star owned the red carpet in this electric blue dress (a color that is NOT too easy to pull off). She paired the dress with simple jewelry and a small black handbag, showing everyone how to make a statement without over-doing it! 

Millie Bobby Brown 

Courtesy: PopSugar

These days it’s hard to find a “best-dressed list” that Millie ISN’T on. The 13-year-old Stranger Things star made the red carpet her own by sporting space buns and Converse. Her reason for wearing the sneakers? She loves to dance! Thus, proving once again, MBB is basically the most relatable actress in Hollywood right now.

Margot Robbie

Courtesy: InStyle

Margot was the perfect image of grace and elegance in this baby pink MiuMiu gown. The I, Tonya star looks ethereal and effortlessly beautiful, even with her midsection being covered in feathers! 

Yara Shahidi 

Courtesy: PopSugar

The Black-ish star literally took everyone’s breath away at last week’s SAG Awards with this stunning Ralph Lauren jumpsuit. She proves that you don’t have to wear a gown or skirt in order to look elegant and beautiful; a message that all women should never forget! 

Susan Sarandon 

Courtesy: CelebMafia

Ms. Sarandon seems to only get better with age and she’s clearly not stopping that anytime soon! The Hollywood star teamed her Alberta Ferretti sequined dress with cat eyeglasses. Seriously, when will you ever fade? 

Misses:

Sally Hawkins 

Courtesy: Tom + Lorenzo

Sally was one to watch this year with her phenomenal performance in The Shape of Water, but this red-carpet look was one that we just couldn’t look at. 

Yvonne Strahovski 

Courtesy: E! Online

The Australian actress failed to impress with this Ester Abner lace gown at last week’s awards show. The dress resembles a grandmother’s tablecloth far too much and it’s just not cute!

Laura Linney

Courtesy: People

While the actress was on point with the night’s trendiest dress color, she missed the mark in this J. Mendel dress. The cape was just too much and took away from the rest of the gown.

Kate Hudson

Courtesy: The Sun

Another actress that missed the mark with the night’s pink theme was Kate Hudson. The combination of the lace high neckline, polka dots and the giant black bow was overwhelming and flushed out the gorgeous actress. An important lesson to remember: Sometimes less is more.

Saoirse Ronan

Courtesy: Lainey Gossip

The Lady Bird starlet down the red carpet in this silver-trimmed, pink dress. The dress had no structure to it, leaving her looking like the dress was wearing her instead of vice versa!

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.