Fandoms Never Go Out of Style

It’s an undeniable fact of life that if you have a fandom, it is important to you. You’re probably even part of quite a few fandoms, because hey, you’re an interesting woman, interested in only the coolest things  (of which there happen to be many). It’s not just about loving a show /anime/book/video game/comic franchise/et cetera; this is an entire community of people who get just as excited and emotional about your interest as you do, and who are probably part of several of the same fandoms you’re in (shout out to SuperWhoLock!).

Of course, when you love something, it’s natural to want to show it off. The easiest and most fun way to do this is through merchandise, particularly merchandise that combines fandom and fashion, and my personal favorite: t-shirts.

Luckily for us, the internet is an amazing place, with a wealth of websites where we can get our fandom fashion fixes. Here are just a few:

Redbubble is just one of the many places where great fandom shirts and other merchandise are waiting for your discovery. The best part? They’re made by independent designers, so you’ll be sure to get something unique and with a fan’s heart in mind. Even if you don’t want a regular t-shirt, they have plenty of styles for you to choose from, including hoodies and v-necks.

Threadless is another great online store, and also another great place where independent designers are sharing their designs. Their prices are a little cheaper, and depending on the design, some can come in shirts and hoodies for both guys and girls.

Last but not least, ShirtPunch is a fast-paced site where you have just 24 hours to snag a $10 shirt, the design of which changes daily. They have two categories: pop culture and TV, but both of them cater to fans and in particular, fandoms, and feature a different one for every day. It’s crazy fun to see what new and interesting designs come out each day. Like Redbubble, if you don’t want a shirt, they offer the same design for hoodies, fitted shirts, long sleeves, and for some designs, even laptop cases and phone covers.

No matter what your fandom is, there are shirts and other merchandise out there that are just your style. Not only will you look awesome, but it’s an easy way to have a random bonding moment with a complete stranger. Don’t just admire other people’s fandom shirts and wish you had one just like it, go out and get your own! Go forth and be fabulous!

I was born in Miami, Florida, and am attending college at FSU. I'm a Creative Writing major, Computer Science minor, and am a staff writer and editor for FSU's Her Campus chapter. Traveling, reading, writing, and having new experiences are some of my favorite things to do.
Her Campus at Florida State University.