jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall/Winter Style: How to Wear the Military Trend

When it comes to adding an edge to your wardrobe this season, it’s all about the military trend. This trend is so accessible and can easily fold into your current closet with simple separates. Think structured coats, leather combat boots, slim cargo pants, and olive green everything

I spotted Lauren Blackwelder (’14) incorporating this trend into her outfit for class with an army green utility jacket and black combat boots. Combat boots have been popping up all over campus lately, and we’re loving it! This whole outfit comes together perfectly with her teal leggings and oversized sweater. It screams effortlessly chic while still having those military-inspired elements. 

You can easily recreate the military trend at home with a few fashion staples. Here are my favorite picks right now:

Forever 21, $34.80, Hooded Utility Jacket

The utility jacket doesn’t have to be green to be military. I love this one because it’s subtle and easy to pair with almost anything in your closet. 

H&M, $24.95, Khaki Green Pants

This year, green is huge! Pair these pants with your favorite boots (see below) and a cotton scarf and you’re ready for wherever the day takes you! 

Target, $34.99, Khalea Combat Boots

Not only are these combat boots super cute, they’re super affordable too! They’ll instantly become your favorite pair of shoes!

Kayla is a senior at Florida State University. She is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Business and Hospitality Management. Apart from taking courses and writing for Her Campus, Kayla enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and discovering the best places around town. She hopes to work in the Hospitality PR industry after she graduates in May.   
Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!