Fall 2015 Semester Recap: Top 10 FSU Events

As the semester comes to a close and finals week is approaching, there are so many different things that happened this semester at FSU to reflect on – some good and some bad. Here is a little recap of all the important things that happened at FSU this semester!

1. Amy Schumer visited FSU for free as part of FSU Homecoming Pow Wow

Amy Schumer came to FSU on November 13 as a part of FSU homecoming’s Pow Wow. The event was free for FSU students and 40 dollars for the general public. The evening was filled with great performances, inappropriate jokes, and many laughs. It was awesome to be able to have such a talented performer come to FSU for free!

Courtesy: Twitter

2. FSU lost their first regular season game to Georgia Tech

On October 24 the unthinkable happened. FSU students and the football team alike grew too confident in our ability to beat unranked Georgia Tech and unfortunately the undefeated Seminoles lost. However, Jimbo Fisher was confident that we would rebuild and go out with a bang against Syracuse with a 45-21 win! We’ll get ‘em next year noles (or whenever we play GT in a regular season game again)!

Courtesy: CBS Sports

3. Phi Mu hosted their new annual haunted house

Phi Mu began their new philanthropy called Phright Night as they teamed up with the local haunted house. The event was extremely successful and everybody had a good time for a great cause. All the proceeds were donated to Children Miracle Network Hospitals and we look forward to next year’s event!

Courtesy: Phright Night Facebook Page

4. The Zac Brown Band put on a concert for the FSU Homecoming Warchant

The Zac Brown Band visited FSU as a part of the homecoming Warchant concert on November 12. Tickets were discounted for FSU student and the concert was a big hit! 

Courtesy: FSU Tucker Center Twitter

5. The SLC showed pre-screenings of Steve JobsThe VisitHe Named Me Malala, and Scouts Guide To The Zombie Apocalypse

As apart of their Advanced Screening series, the SLC hosted four advanced screenings of top blockbuster films for free for FSU students!

Courtesy: The Visit advanced screening Facebook event 

6. New restaurants opened up in Tallahassee including Insomnia Cookies, Blaze Pizza, Tacospeak and Maple Street Biscuit Company

A few new restaurants opened up near FSU’s campus this semester bringing in lots of students! A fan favorite, Insomnia cookies, has gotten lots of FSU student’s attention with many organizations hosting charity events at their business. 

Courtesy: WTXL

7. FSU had a new quarterback, Everett Golson, for the first time in two years after Jameis Winston was drafted to the NFL

Golson led FSU to a handful of victories, but came up short against GT and was replaced by Sean Macguire for a few games in the second half of the season.

Courtesy: Orlando Sentinel 

8. Union productions hosted Michael Render and Common as apart of their Golden Tribe lecture series

Courtesy: FSU’s SGA

9. Union productions hosted many different events such as ILoveMakonnen, Upright Citizens Brigade, Slow Magic, Last Call Before Fall with Vince Staples, The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, along with many more!

Courtesy: Facebook

10. FSU triumphed over UF for the third year in a row with a score of 27-2. It was a close game and both teams played their hearts out, but in the end there can only be one winner and we’re all glad it was the ‘Noles!

Courtesy: Miami Herald

Sophomore computer science major at Florida State University that loves everything fashionable, yoga, food, art, and technology related. Originally from Boca Raton, Florida but currently residing in Tallahassee attending the best school in the nation!
Her Campus at Florida State University.